Hello from S. Korea - long-time lurker

MattB17

Hello everybody,

Whilst my account is a few years old, I have just made my first proper post in RFI Aircraft so thought it appropriate to add my introduction here too.

My name is Matt, and I have recently moved to live in Daejeon, South Korea.

I have been building almost 5 years now, and my main interest is in 1/72 aircraft, though sometimes I will deviate scale, and into armour or cars.

I had almost 30 completed builds right from my beginning, the majority of which I left behind in England in the safe hands of my model-building grandad, who I often miss as my only other hobby sharer, apart from some who make Warhammer.

Modelling in Korea is definitely interesting, Gundam seems to be 66-75% of the plastic model market and I have been unable to find much of a community otherwise apart from online.

As for the marketplace, you can find pretty much all the same stuff as in Europe, a few manufacturers are missing, but Academy is ridiculously cheap. I have come across DEF Model, and Wolfpack here who make excellent products and cheap prices and I can't recommend them enough.

Anyway, thanks for reading, wishing you all the best, hopefully this is the start of more content from me, as I have enjoyed all yours for years now.

Cheers, Matt.

• Like 5

Gidday Matt, welcome aboard. I did a few 1/72 aircraft as a kid (50+ years ago) and a couple in the last few years, but my main interest is 1/600 scale warships, Airfix mainly. But I understand you regarding modeling communities. Until about four years ago (mid 2018) I was totally alone with my hobby, when I discovered modeling forums such as this. I've joined two, Britmodeller here and the ATF (Airfix Tribute Forum) and it has opened a whole new world for me. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have.       Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...