Airfix 2022 Advent Calendar

k5054nz

1 hour ago, k5054nz said:

happyfixmaairfixs DAY11

It’s that time…

What would you like to see Airfix produce in future? Send us your wishlist kits and join the conversation on Airfix social media (comment on the day 11 post).

Do Airfix honestly need this type of ‘possible suggestions’ feedback? I’m sure they’ve been flooded with requests for years on end now. Even a cursory glance at any BM ‘Airfix 2022 / 2023 / 2024 etc’ post would highlight ten times as many subjects that they are ever likely to produce. 
Some on here would also seem to think that if the ‘suggestion’ doesn’t have the word “Spitfire” somewhere in it, the odds would have greatly reduced. 
This is just another marketing ploy to get you to visit their webpage and hopefully buy something. 

Cheers… Dave

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Do Airfix honestly need this type of ‘possible suggestions’ feedback? I’m sure they’ve been flooded with requests for years on end now. Even a cursory glance at any BM ‘Airfix 2022 / 2023 / 2024 etc’ post would highlight ten times as many subjects that they are ever likely to produce. 
Some on here would also seem to think that if the ‘suggestion’ doesn’t have the word “Spitfire” somewhere in it, the odds would have greatly reduced. 
This is just another marketing ploy to get you to visit their webpage and hopefully buy something. 

Cheers… Dave

Yes the whole point of being in business

Sell product, make money, so that the employees can keep a roof over their heads and food on the table

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Do Airfix honestly need this type of ‘possible suggestions’ feedback? 

Given that they've yet to produce a modern 1:72 Sea Vixen or Javelin,  then yes they do :)

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Given that they've yet to produce a modern 1:72 Sea Vixen or Javelin,  then yes they do :)

This. Exactly this. They could only release these two models and it would be one of their best years of releases ever 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why not add Scimitar and make it a trio of unlikely subjects?

Do I hear cries 'but I know they would sell' forgetting that Airfix's purpose is to make money, by selling kits worldwide, not just to a niche market.

I’m with Rabbit Leader, it’s a pointless exercise. Airfix know exactly what people are asking for, hence they’ve just released the Anson. I’m sure it was people’s top choice. I’m glad they did it but you have to admit it, it wasn’t because people were demanding it.

Even if Airfix is oblivious and is looking for suggestions, what are they gonna do? Stop the current projects in development and start feverishly working on that 1:24 Lancaster everyone is clamouring for?

I suppose they have something ready to announce for 2023 that people’ve been waiting for since 1967, knowing it’ll be a hit and just validating that it, in fact, is what people are still waiting for, rubbing their knuckles with glee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Denford said:

Why not add Scimitar and make it a trio of unlikely subjects?

Considering Airfix's typical subject choice and recent release pattern I wonder if these subjects (with Sea Vixen & Javelin) could really be described as unlikely. In particular as they covered  (and have rereleased) 2 of the 3 in splendid 1/48 kits - the subject matter is hardly alien. I'm sure if Airfix considered there was demand for any of these in the smaller scale they will be produced. And they do seem increasingly to be releasing kits in both scales. 

Rich

18 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers… Dave

I love marketing ploys that get me to buy something. Wouldn’t/couldn’t without them and buying some thing is fun, especially if it is a 1/72 Anson from Airfix.

• Haha 2

happyfixmaairfixs DAY12

Win a Vintage Classic Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia

It’s classic like no other… A symbol of The Few, vital to the defence of the UK against the previously all-conquering Luftwaffe, win the Vintage Classic Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia in 1/24th scale! Deadline: 13th December 2022 (5:00 GMT).

https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/competition-12-win-vintage-spitfire

• Like 1

happyfixmaairfixs DAY13

Win two tickets to Scale Model World Telford 2023!

It’s an event modeller's across the country wait all year for. Win two tickets to Scale Model World Telford 2023! Deadline: 14th December 2022 (5:00 GMT).

https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/competition-13-scale-model-world-telford-2023

Errant apostrophe is theirs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I expect it'll be the 24th. Once can right-click the page, save it and see the images (but not the text) behind each window and the image for the 24th is one that doesn't fit the theme seen in the others.

Edited by k5054nz
  • Like 2

happyfixmaairfixs DAY14

Win a box artwork created by Adam Tooby

You asked, we listened! As a special advent calendar treat, we’re gifting one lucky winner box artwork, created by the talented Adam Tooby, but that’s not the best bit... You get to choose any artwork from the current range if you win! Head to any of our social media accounts to enter!

• Like 1

happyfixmaairfixs DAY15

Chris's go-to gift!

Designer of this year’s hero product, the intricately detailed 1:24 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc picks his top kit from the range, and it’s not what you might think… Behind today’s window, Chris reveals his favourite kit from the 2022 range.

On 13/12/2022 at 12:15, IT_Man said:

Still waiting for a teaser for 2023? Checking in to this thread every day in hope!

And then the wild assertions that the grey blurred blob they post is DEFINITELY this or that in a given scale 😉😅 - just kidding that's part of the fun haha! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wellsprop said:

And then the wild assertions that the grey blurred blob they post is DEFINITELY this or that in a given scale 😉😅 - just kidding that's part of the fun haha! 

Looking at the images behind the windows there's a sad lack of those! In the meantime, another "here's what's behind the window but you have to wait to actually read it":

happyfixmaairfixs DAY16

Advent Blog Special: The most famous Spitfire of them all

In what has turned out to be a Spitfire year for us here at Airfix, we end 2022 by asking the question 'Which was the most famous Spitfire of them all?' We think we might just have the answer. Join us for our final advent calendar blog for the year. Please note: The blog will be live after 9AM (GMT) on Friday 16th December 2022.

The photograph is MH434 so I guess we should stand by for a rehash of what we've heard before from countless sources (hoping for something new and exciting but...). Dare we hope for an MH434 boxing of the 1/24 kit at some point? Lots of paint schemes to choose from!

Edited by k5054nz
  • Like 1

happyfixmaairfixs DAY17

Win a trip to Airfix HQ!

As part of a very special giveaway, we are opening the doors to one winner. Get the behind-the-scenes tour, meet some of the design team, get an insight into CAD design and walk through the Airfix showroom, the living 2023 catalogue. Deadline: 18th December 2022 (5:00 GMT).

https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/competition-17-win-trip-airfix-hq

1 hour ago, k5054nz said:

Win a trip to Airfix HQ!

As part of a very special giveaway, we are opening the doors to one winner. Get the behind-the-scenes tour, meet some of the design team, get an insight into CAD design and walk through the Airfix showroom, the living 2023 catalogue. Deadline: 18th December 2022 (5:00 GMT).

https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/competition-17-win-trip-airfix-hq

I will happily donate my winning 'Airfix Golden Wonka factory' ticket to any UK resident that is happy to beg / grovel for a 1/72 Avro Manchester or Avro Lincoln whilst on said tour. 

Cheers.. (lucky) Dave 

• Haha 4

On 12/11/2022 at 2:33 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers… Dave

A bit late, but I wonder, did anyone suggested a HMS Spitfire (1912)?

Amongst the small engagements which happened during the night of 31 May–1 June 1916 during the Battle of Jutland was one between Spitfire and the German battleship Nassau. Spitfire evaded an attempt by Nassau to ram her, but the two ships nevertheless collided and Spitfire was seriously damaged, blast from Nassau's guns demolishing much of her upperworks, but she ripped off a 20 feet (6.1 m) section of the German ship's side plating. Both ships survived to return to port.

A Spitfire, which rammed a German battleship and survived it. That would be a surprising headline.

Edited by Botan