Airfix 2022 Advent Calendar

k5054nz

Hi all,

As I post this at 1758 NZDT on December 1 it is not yet live, however on Facebook Airfix has announced that is indeed doing an Advent Calendar this year.

"What's on your Christmas wishlist this year? Get ready, our annual digital advent calendar returns tomorrow and this year it is PACKED full of giveaways! We’ve made our lists, and checked them twice. This year we bring you 25 days of modelling treats, with ‘advent exclusives’ behind each window, from kits bundle giveaways to printed artwork; we may even sneak in a 2023 preview… For a little extra festive fun, we’ll post an Airfix clue to our social accounts each day. See if you can guess what is behind each door before you head to airfix.com to open them!

#Airfix #AirfixAdventCalendar #Christmas"

As one who fondly remembers The Good Old Days of new kit announcements hiding behind calendar doors "we may even sneak in a 2023 preview…" is exciting but I've learned to temper my expectations in recent years.

Edited by k5054nz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Afaics, there is nothing to say only open to UK residents or similar so I have entered. 🤞 

Steve.

It doesn't specifically say, but I am pretty sure if you happen to win and are not UK resident, they will not send you anything. Nevertheless, I also entered from outside the UK, but it's not like I ever win anything. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I always win and I'm always lucky and amazing things come my way everyday and I believe that the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire is already mine.

Not being on Facebook though I'm assuming they'll just email me to notify me. Can anyone confirm that that is the case?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Afaics, there is nothing to say only open to UK residents or similar so I have entered. 🤞 

Steve.

I did the same thing, however I’m sure that if either of our names (and more importantly) addresses got pulled out, they would just throw them out and do a redraw. Mind you, I only had to put in an email address, but the dot com dot au. ending might be an easy give-away.. 

Lets see what happens, but don’t hold your breath! 
Cheer#.. Dave. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I did the same thing, however I’m sure that if either of our names (and more importantly) addresses got pulled out, they would just throe them out and do a redraw. Mind you, I only had to put in an email address, but the dot com dot au. ending might be an easy give-away.. 

Lets see what happens, but don’t hold your breath! 
Cheer#.. Dave. 

Use Gmail, they stand no chance then.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Airfix's blurb from the email sent out:

We’ve made our lists and checked them twice; the ultimate Christmas countdown begins! Our annual Advent Calendar is back and this year it is packed full of giveaways!

This year we bring you 25 days of modelling treats, with special surprises behind each door, featuring exciting giveaways, news, and videos. We may even sneak in a 2023 kit preview… 

Keep the excitement going throughout the festive period by checking our website in the run up to Christmas.

12 hours ago, Gordon J said:

Not being on Facebook though I'm assuming they'll just email me to notify me. Can anyone confirm that that is the case?

From the terms and conditions on Airfix's website: Winners will be selected at random and informed via email within 28 days of closing

13 hours ago, drake122 said:

It doesn't specifically say, but I am pretty sure if you happen to win and are not UK resident, they will not send you anything.

Well that seems less than scrupulous!!

Now. One can right-click on the background, Save Page, and one is presented with the images from behind the windows (no text - only images). Do admins want these to be left unposted so people can discover them for themselves, or can they be posted to encourage dicussion?

Edited by k5054nz

Day two:

Send us your creation

Send us your creations and we will feature them in a special New Year’s Eve social media showcase! To say thank you to our incredible community for your support over the last year, a large selection of your builds will be featured in a New Year's Eve special posting. Let us show off your creations. Share your builds with us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter along with your name and Airfix kit details by tagging us or posting in the comments of our day 2 advent calendar post. Use the link here to direct you to our social accounts: Alternatively, send to [email protected] and watch out for the social post on the final day of 2022.

Edited by k5054nz

Day Three of "HAPPYFIXMAAIRFIXS":

Luke’s go-to gift!

Every single Airfix project starts with this member of the team, but what is his favourite kit from this year? With his seal of approval, it’s sure to be a firm favourite of modellers, is it yours? With his seal of approval, it’s sure to be a firm favourite of modellers, is it yours?

• Sad 1

Day four of "happyfixmaairfixs":

Vintage Classic Bundle giveaway!

What’s better than Christmas? Christmas with a good dose of Airfix nostalgia! We’re giving away some much-loved kits from the Vintage Classics range, including the de Havilland Beaver, Lockheed F-80C Shooting Star, Westland Whirlwind Helicopter and Commonwealth CA-13 Boomerang! Enter now to win! Deadline, tomorrow 5th December, 5pm (GMT)*
https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/competition-4-vintage-classic

• Like 1

Day five of "happyfixmaairfixs":

Blog 1

As one of the stalwarts of the UK Airshow scene, we look at the classic aircraft which are owned and operated by the Historic Aircraft Collection in this advent special blog. Note: The link will be live after 9AM, 5th December 2022.

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/news/airfix-advent-special-historic-aircraft-collection-fleet-review

Edited by k5054nz
  • Like 1

Day six of "happyfixmaairfixs":

The Perfect Stocking Fillers

The perfect stocking fillers, just in time for Christmas! Win a Quickbuild bundle including the new Jeep ‘Quicksand’ Concept, Jeep Gladiator (JT) Overland and more, completely free… Deadline, tomorrow 7th December, 5pm (GMT)*
https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/competition-6-quickbuild-bundle

Day seven of "happyfixmaairfixs"

Ethan's go-to gift!

He’s the newest member of the team and his projects are underwrap of course until the big reveal in January – but what does he think is the best kit of all from 2022? Ethan explains what his top kit is from the current range behind today’s door!

• Like 1

happyfixmaairfixs 08

A special Lancaster giveaway…

An icon commemorated both in film and kit form, win a 1:72 Lancaster kit (A09007 Avro Lancaster B.III (Special) The Dambusters) along with an impressive A2 Poster from the compelling documentary 'Lancaster' which tells the story of the brave airmen who flew the aircraft. Deadline, tomorrow 9th December, 5pm (GMT)*

https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/competition-8-lancaster-bundle-photo

Sadly this turns out to be rather timely as George "Johnny" Johnson, the last surviving crewmember from Operation Chastise, has died in the last few hours.

happyfixmaairfixs 09

Airfix Advent Blog Special - Handley Page Victor modeller's walk-around

As every modeller knows, a little bit of research preparation goes a long way in ensuring your latest build turns out exactly as you intended, especially if that project happens to be as formidable a kit as our 1/72nd scale Handley Page Victor. In this latest advent post, we have a little festive treat for Victor fans everywhere.

The window says "test" before you go in, and the link is this...

EDIT: It seems someone fixed the issue, so:

happyfixmaairfixs 09v2

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/news/airfix-advent-special-handley-page-victor-modellers-walk-around

Edited by k5054nz
  • Like 1