Gulf War Tornado GR.1 'Foxy Killer'

Dansk

3 hours ago, Dansk said:

The buy from jadlam was from ebay and its so difficult to get in touch on ebay with the seller unless one wants to 'just' return them (and postage costs are the same as the decal so its a fruitless task).

Jadlam also have a website with a "contact us" page - might be worth raising it with them direct?? I've bought from them before and found them helpful.

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/contact-us

Enjoying your build - great progress - lovely cockpit.

Regards.

Q

• Thanks 1

Really super work in the cockpit (and the gear bay) Paul.

Contacting the seller on eBay isn't difficult and you have a very good case. You could send them the pics you posted here, they speak for themselves. Jadlam are a good reputable company and they should refund the cost and your postage. Hope they do.

Having bought a few of their products I'm generally disappointed with Kits World quality and won't be buying their stuff again.

• Thanks 1

Hello Paul!

Lovely work so far!

I surely will be following with interest, I will try to build my 1/48 Gulf Tonka within the GB timeframe. Needless to say that I will grab all the information I can get out of your build 😎

Sam

• Like 1

Very nice working on Tornado. 

By my turn I am building the 1.48th Tornado IDS from Rebell, oops... Revell .

Could you talk about the fuselage exhaust in front of the left landing gear bay in the Tornado from Italeri ?

SouthViper from Brazil 

On 1/7/2023 at 12:06 AM, Dr. Quack said:

Jadlam also have a website with a "contact us" page - might be worth raising it with them direct?? I've bought from them before and found them helpful.

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/contact-us

Enjoying your build - great progress - lovely cockpit.

Regards.

Q

Thanks Q I will give it a try

On 1/7/2023 at 11:13 PM, Johnson said:

Really super work in the cockpit (and the gear bay) Paul.

Contacting the seller on eBay isn't difficult and you have a very good case. You could send them the pics you posted here, they speak for themselves. Jadlam are a good reputable company and they should refund the cost and your postage. Hope they do.

Having bought a few of their products I'm generally disappointed with Kits World quality and won't be buying their stuff again.

Thank you Charlie 👍

it's impossible to contact on ebay on this buy unless its a straight return, i tried.

On 1/8/2023 at 1:41 PM, Sam said:

Hello Paul!

Lovely work so far!

I surely will be following with interest, I will try to build my 1/48 Gulf Tonka within the GB timeframe. Needless to say that I will grab all the information I can get out of your build 😎

Sam

Thanks Sam, welcome along.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:15 PM, SouthViper said:

Very nice working on Tornado. 

By my turn I am building the 1.48th Tornado IDS from Rebell, oops... Revell .

Could you talk about the fuselage exhaust in front of the left landing gear bay in the Tornado from Italeri ?

SouthViper from Brazil 

Thank you. What do you want me to talk about? I'm not sure.

Nothing sexy to show really since the last updates chaps.

The main landing and bays Iconstructed and primed, I'll photograph them once painted.

Tail is constructed. It's huuuggggeeee. (Those are cm markings on the mat.)

It's PE and small parts I will add later to avoid damage.

52627470818_7f2e7c70be_b.jpg

I painted behind the intakes as they are hard to get to later. I used ak's desert pink and it looks spot on in the flesh to photo refs. thanks ak!

52626995791_6619666034_b.jpg

52627432590_b624b8d533_b.jpg

the engine blades look good installed i think. not that you'll really be able to see them down the intake trunks..

i left them unglued for now so that they can adjust to the upper fuse and sidewalls being fitted and not prevent a good fit there.

52627243079_2e673c720a_b.jpg

speaking of which i'm seem filling on those, not all the way but as far down as one can realistically see.

52626995786_e5860a7d26_b.jpg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Dansk said:

Thank you. What do you want me to talk about? I'm not sure.

Talk about the language barrier; I think our 'Zilian mate meant the ECS exhaust which is located before the left main landing gear wheel bay on the Tornado, that may not be (present?) or badly shaped in the Italeri kit?

Cheers.

Edited by Pajarito
Typo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pajarito said:

Talk about the language barrier; I think our 'Zilian mate meant the ECS exhaust which is located before the left main landing gear wheel bay on the Tornado, that may not be (present?) or badly shaped in the Italeri kit?

Cheers.

Thanks Pajarito, that is right.

Sorry Dansk, I really did not have time to learn how to post pictures here (I am trying to find good pictures of the, now I know, ECS exhaust.

In fact I am referring to the ECS exhaust at Tornado's IDS left side.

I am converting the Revells's Tornado IDS, 1/48 to the italian Panavia Prototipo X-587, and this detail is very crude in the Revell's kit.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding through intelligence.

SouthViper from Brazil