Doyusha Stingray

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, philp said:

Nice job.

What colors did you use?  I have one in the Stash that may be missing some stuff but would love to finish it someday.

All Tamiya rattle cans. TS-30 Silver Leaf, TS-34 Camel Yellow, AS-8 US Navy Blue, and AS-19 US Intermediate Blue. The interior was done from looking at episodes on Youtube

• Like 1

Oh that takes me back much further than I would like. Compulsory viewing in its day. 

Nicely done

Just one question. How do you stop the decals coming off in the bath :D

Thanks for showing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

All Tamiya rattle cans. TS-30 Silver Leaf, TS-34 Camel Yellow, AS-8 US Navy Blue, and AS-19 US Intermediate Blue. The interior was done from looking at episodes on Youtube

Nice!

I've just been gifted a Bachmann (Aoshima re-pop) Thunderbird 4 for Christmas (thanks Secret Santa!) and I was wondering about maybe using Tamiya TS-34 Camel Yellow in place of Humbrol 154 Insignia Yellow.  The yellow colour of the unpainted kit looks just a little too "bright", so I do think I need to cool it down a bit.  I could use the Humbrol (I have one unopened 14ml tinlet), but my airbrushing technique is not great and the Tamiya has the advantage of being available in a rattle can (I can flatten it with a matt varnish after weathering and decaling).  What do you think?

Cheers

Simon G

I would go for the Tamiya, or as alternative, Halfords Rover Inca Yellow. Red, yellow and white are hopeless by brush in my experience. Since I switched to rattle cans, life is so much easier, but they do take up lots of space. Bin the cans before they are empty, otherwise they will spatter. Ask me how I know.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:56 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Awesome, I have been a rattle can user since I don't have the space to set up my airbrush and have a couple of these already.  Looks like I need another trip to the hobby shop.