1/72 Revell F4U-1A Corsair

That's  nice. The wing fold is very  well  done.

I'm  a Corsair fan anyway. The Revell  kit has it's issues. But it builds well  and in the hands of a skilled modeller like you. You  get this  result.

Five stars from  me.

I am very impressed with the scratch wing fold.  It is excellent and looks great.  And, I must compliment you on your photography of the model as it is superb too.  It is a bit intimidating that there are so many people on this site that are so talented in building kits; finishing/weathering the kits; and then have such tremendous talent in presenting their builds in a picture format.  Thanks for sharing. 

Ah! The Corsair! :D

Another one of my favourites! :frantic:

Your model looks great :goodjob: and the pictures reminds me of my childhood, when I saw the Revell 1/32 kit built up in a danish womens magazine! :D

Thanks for the memories! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

That is a lovely build on a kit which has had mixed reviews. Your wing fold is wonderfully well done, a shame in a way that while VF-17, whose markings these are, operated this model of the Corsair, they were land based in the Solomon Islands & very seldom would have used the wing folding on them but never say never, its a cracking build all the same. 👍

Steve.

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

very seldom would have used the wing folding on them but never say never

Hi Steve,

They folded their wings while in transit to the war zone on USS Bunker Hill.  This would also explain the perfectly clean camouflage of @Heart Failure's model (no victory symbols of course!). However, they had the red border of the stars & bars overpainted with intermediate blue before arriving in the Solomon Is. following the latest US Navy directive.

Very nice build Heart Failure!

Cheers, Michael

• Thanks 1

Many thanks to everyone!

Hi Steve, I'm aiming for a clean "airshow or restored finish" and not really an operational plane on that specific time frame and of course to save space on storage.  Not many 1/72 Corsairs with wing fold build so I decided to give the folded wing ago.

Cheers,

Raphael

• 1 year later...