That does look beautiful! If you look at the tail on the Sotka at Monino, it could take a lifetime to reproduce that weathered finish - each panel is different in some way.

Best Regards,

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.

On 08/01/2023 at 20:56, Learstang said:

That does look beautiful! If you look at the tail on the Sotka at Monino, it could take a lifetime to reproduce that weathered finish - each panel is different in some way.

Best Regards,

Jason

I found this build with all the weathering https://www.lesmaquettistes.com/t572p250-sukhoi-t4-ou-sukhoi-sotka Took him four years........

I had to take a break from this due to work and family stuff getting in the way but it's finished now. The decals cracked up in several places so lots of piecing them back together. I'll get some photos in the gallery but here's one as a teaser!

GLqCaoQ8_o.jpg

I've really enjoyed this build and the GB, thanks to everyone for making it so good.

Steve

• Like 9

Cheers, I really enjoyed building it and it didn't cause any major problems but I'm glad to get it off my desk as it's BIG! Need to find somewhere to put it now......

Gallery photos;

Steve

• Like 3

I saw this in the gallery before, pretty damn slack missing it during the GB, but having just had a rummage through this thread, I'm impressed like anything. 👍

I recall this as a youngster, probably from my Observers Books Of Aircraft. Some of these Soviet prtotypes looked & seemed like something out of SF fiction.

Steve.

Thanks both, very enjoyable build but glad to have it finished after many years in the stash.

On 28/01/2023 at 08:19, stevehnz said:

I saw this in the gallery before, pretty damn slack missing it during the GB, but having just had a rummage through this thread, I'm impressed like anything. 👍

I recall this as a youngster, probably from my Observers Books Of Aircraft. Some of these Soviet prtotypes looked & seemed like something out of SF fiction.

Steve.

There's been such a large number as well as a wide variety of builds in this GB, I'm sure I haven't seen a lot of them. I need to go through them and catch up! I totally agree with you about the Soviet prototypes of that era, so many wierd and wonderful designs.

Steve

• Like 1