de Havilland Chipmunk?

galgos

Thanks galgos !

Ali62 - Posted 18 hours ago

This has been hanging around for a while, Ben Standen, did the original CAD work, the files are printed as can be seen, I need to do some corrections and add surface details. The canopy is still the biggest challenge, but I have some trial parts in development for this.

I intend to resin cast the major parts, the smaller parts and the cockpit details will be 3D printed parts along with some decals.

I am wanting to keep the price as competitive as I possibly can and therefore at this stage I am not intending to do engine detail, other than a cylinder detail that can be seen through the intake. I intend to offer separate flying surfaces, but what is the thought on the flaps being separate parts, as when parked I think that they are mostly in the neutral position.

At this stage I cannot commit to a release date, but realistically it would be summer 2023.

52529108521-3e18063cbf-b.jpg

52529396714-fc490f4d62-b.jpg

V.P.

On 11/29/2022 at 2:01 AM, galgos said:

Anybody interested in a potential 1/32 scale Chipmunk? Aerocraft Models have one in development and are gauging interest, see here.

When I saw your topic title I had a moment's fantasy: "Ooh, Maybe ICM will keep on with the trainers and do a 32nd Chipmunk..."

Yeah, I'm interested, but I have a feeling this one won't be priced in my comfort zone.  I'd much prefer a "proper" injection-molded kit, anyway, if only so that more people will join in the fun.

Edited by gingerbob

Perhaps it’s an opportunity for people to try a different media other than IM Bob if the subject matter appeals enough. I’ve made many resin kits and loved them all but not yet 3D printed stuff, but I’ll give it a go. 

1 hour ago, gingerbob said:

(...) When I saw your topic title I had a moment's fantasy: "Ooh, Maybe ICM will keep on with the trainers and do a 32nd Chipmunk..."

Hence the importance of thread titles. Should be ideally informative (complete type designation, scale and producer) and therefore also useful for the forum search engine optimal running.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

On 30/11/2022 at 11:38, gingerbob said:

Yes, but then I'd have missed out on a pleasant fantasy...

For me, the subject matter is always more important than the medium, otherwise I’d be limiting what I can build and enjoy.

• Like 1