Tamiya 1/48 Ilyushin IL-2 Sturmovik

Hello!spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Here's my recent project, this very nice Tamiya kit. Nothing else to say regarding its quality and easy to build, it's been around for quite some time now. I've just added Quinta 3d decals and resin wheels. Used Aqueous Gunze paints, my favorites, over Mr Surfacer 1500 black primer. Also, my very first attempt in the riveting process, which is a lot of work; but the result is very satisfying.

Hope you'll enjoy.

Cheers!

George

Edited by George72
  • Like 51
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Dave Spencer said:

Very nice weathering, but you have a fingerprint in the left side exhaust stain.

Thank you! You're right. Thankfully , I was able to sand it out and it's ok now. But I've deleted the detailed picture and will replace it soon.

• Like 1

I am flabbergasted over how well and detailed the painting and weathering is on this model.  You have got to have some high amount of patience to carefully place all the aspects of the weathering you have done on this model and the different techniques that were used.  Props to you.  Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

I am flabbergasted over how well and detailed the painting and weathering is on this model.  You have got to have some high amount of patience to carefully place all the aspects of the weathering you have done on this model and the different techniques that were used.  Props to you.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!!

11 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Absolutely beautiful job on that Il-2! Only one small thing - the tag should be 'Red Air Force', not 'Russian Air Force'. 

Best Regards,

Jason

Thank you!! You're right! I'll change the tag.

8 minutes ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beautiful Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik!

Saluti

Giampiero

Thank you!!

• Thanks 1

On 04/12/2022 at 01:52, Dave Klaatu said:

Beautiful build, love the paint!

Thank you!

21 hours ago, russ c said:

Superb IL-2 there George, really nice work

Thank you!