1/32 Trumpeter F/A-18F as dirty as l dared to make her.

Hi all.

Here is my latest build: the 1/32 Trumpeter F/A-18F Super Hornet build.

For this project the following aftermarket parts were used:

-Eduard exterior pe set

- Aires ejection seats

- Red Fox Studio 3d cockpit instruments

- DXM Decals

- ResKit exhausts, wheels, GBU-38 bombs and AIM-9X Sidewinders

Since there is no resin cockpit available for this kit, as far as I know, I used the excellent Red Fox 3d instruments and some scratch built bits instead. The Aires seats are very nice but need a few minor modifications to make them look like the real seats.

The kit goes together quite good and I didn't encounter any major problems as far as I can remember.

My model is not 100% period accurate as there are a few details that are not correct for the decal choice I made. Bat that's only something the experts wil notice.

As with all my builds, everything was primed black, using A-Stand (Alclad) primer with microfiller.

The paints I used are MrHobby H307 and H308 with a few drops of white added for some faded areas.

Most weathering was done with Abteilung 502 paints, thinned with AK white spirit.

A special thanks goes out to ResKit for sending their superb update parts despite the harsh times in their home country of Ukraine.

Thank you for watching.

René.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by HartDeco
  • Like 62
  • Thanks 2

I'm not normally a fan of heavy weathering, but that is very, very nice.  I like the mix of effects - it works very well.  Thanks for sharing!

Tim

• Thanks 1