Matchbox LRDG set prices

danbuoy

Apologies if this isn't the correct section for this, but an, admittedly sealed, Matchbox LRDG set went for £87 yesterday on eBay! Interestingly, a Revell re-boxing of the same kit only sold for £23, also yesterday. I know that this seems to be one of the more sought after Matchbox kits, but I've never seen one go for anything near that before. Made me wonder if "SAS: Rogue Heroes" has had an effect, as both SAS Jeeps and LRDG Chevrolet trucks feature heavily in that! 

• Like 1

Or it's just Collector Madness.......... Or Auction Red Mist........  I used to use a training video about a fictitious vintage car called a Trophy Hanker Four and someone who really wanted it and ended up paying far more than he wanted.

• Like 1

Think the most I've seen that kit go for previously is around £30. I suppose all it takes sometimes is 2 stubborn bidders who REALLY want it and just refuse to back down! Needless to say, my search goes on, as that was more than I was willing to pay!

Two stubborn bidders, or one idiot and an unscrupulous seller with a fake second account... Don't scoff, I've seen it happen often enough that it's got to be a fact - quite often, the same seller will relist the item a week after the auction ends. 

• Like 1