ICM 1/48 Spitfire Mk VIII

Not only am I envious of your building and painting skills and how well you have made this kit look, but your photography and set up for the photo backgrounds are also great.  You have skills at both modeling and photography.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks great but I would check whether this example has metal or wooden propeller blades as many were wooden or composites so wouldn't show up as silver/metallic when scratched.

There was often a metal leading edge but the main blade would be wood. I think this is a topic that is endlessly discussed though :) The Spitfire question thread undoubtable has multiple discussions about it...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Looks great but I would check whether this example has metal or wooden propeller blades as many were wooden or composites so wouldn't show up as silver/metallic when scratched.

There was often a metal leading edge but the main blade would be wood. I think this is a topic that is endlessly discussed though :) The Spitfire question thread undoubtable has multiple discussions about it...

Thanks. The blades should be wood, I believe, which I had forgotten,  so will tone the wear & tear down a bit on the prop.

• Like 1