Captain Scarlet Maximum Security Vehicle from Imai

During my recent Beaufort build I hit a bit of a lull so pulled something out of the stash I've had for years... the Imai kit of the MSV from Captain Scarlet.

20221023_143148.jpg?m=1669582575

This is an incredibly simple kit if you eliminate the toy missile firing mechanism. In fact the most complex part of the build is filling in the holes in the top and front of the body that are there for the missile and its trigger mechanism. If you look close you can just about see where I've filled the large hole for the trigger in the middle.

20221023_143310.jpg?m=1669582585

The hole here is a little more obviousl but at least I've got a Spectrum logo decal to cover it over :D

20221023_143320.jpg?m=1669582580

As you can see from this pic there were a load of mould release lines on the body that needed sanding down. The chassis was as simple as you could make it - there is a crude steering mechanism but its so tight you positiont he front wheels in a position and lave them there. The outer tyres are rubber while the inner tyres are plastic cylinders.

20221023_143202.jpg?m=1669583103

It took about 3 days to finish, most of which was finding a nice colour mix for the body which is NOT white, but as sort of grey with a touch of blue as shown in various studio photos. The red striping was done using decals but the silver is al painted. I finished it with Alclas 'Light Sheen' varnish.

DSC_6889.JPG?m=1669582589

DSC_6890.JPG?m=1669582589

DSC_6891.JPG?m=1669582591

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Nice finish :thumbsup:. Sounds as if the wheels are similar to the Imai SPV (half rubber, half horrible round plastic thing...), one of which has been sitting in my pile of half completed/hardly started projects awaiting the injection of a large dose of enthusiasm...

I also have the smaller Imai MSV which came in a set with an Angel Interceptor. I finished the Interceptor but the MSV stalled awaiting some moulded wheels (the kit only provides one at each corner :shrug:). This will hopefully encourage me to venture back out to the workshop and finish the darn thing!

Nige

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...