1/32 Hasegawa-Paragon-Warbird Spitfire Mk.XII

Hello everyone,

This is 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XII with the markings of EB-B MB882 from No.41 sqn RAF Tangmere, Sussex England in October 1943

The base kit is Hasegawa Spitfire MkVb. I have used Paragon Spitfire Mk.XII conversion set with Warbird universal resin C wings

Other additions used in this Project are as follows:

-        Eduard instrument panels and seat belts

-        Barracudacast resin seat

-        Barracudacast Spitfire cockpit parts

-        Grey Matter Spitfire ventral lower wing part

-        Grey Matter main wheels

-        Master Details horizontal tails

-        Barracudacast pilot Access door

-        Archer fine Transfer surface details fasteners

-        SAC landing legs

Paints are Gunze and Tamiya acrylics

Roundels are from spare parts of DK decals.

Customized Fuselage codes ( EB-B) are from Customhobbydecals Australia.

Serial numbers and letters (MB882) are from Xtradecal.

Cockpit mirror, beam approach antenna, ventral tank and its hooks are from Tamiya spare parts.

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 48
  • Thanks 3

Wow.  Simply just Wow.  Your hard work and extras you added give this kit some pizzazz.  And with the door open and canopy open, your hard work on the inside can still be seen and appreciated in person rather than just through the photos you took while building.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Wow.  Simply just Wow.  Your hard work and extras you added give this kit some pizzazz.  And with the door open and canopy open, your hard work on the inside can still be seen and appreciated in person rather than just through the photos you took while building.  Thanks for sharing.

21 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Fantastic :gobsmacked: just so happens i have this conversion in the stash , i feel another MK . XII coming on. 😉

19 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Any griffon-engined Spit is 😊

Great job on the conversion, and you've gone for selective panel lines which are restrained and natural. I like it alot 👍

19 hours ago, Dave Klaatu said:

Really nice build!

7 hours ago, Maginot said:

yes, a bit different. Very nicely modelled.

Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Beautiful model, with a great finish and just the right (IMHO) level of weathering!

Not to rain on your parade, but are you quite sure that the prop blades aren't turned 180°? It's a bit difficult to see in the photos, but anyway, the straighter edge should be the leading one.

Top notch modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Beautiful job on what is a favourite Spitfire mark of mine, I built the same combination of kit and conversion kit years ago but would snap up another one if Tamiya came out with one. The Mark XII combines the lines of the earlier Merlin versions with that powerful Griffon engine up front.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful model, with a great finish and just the right (IMHO) level of weathering!

Not to rain on your parade, but are you quite sure that the prop blades aren't turned 180°? It's a bit difficult to see in the photos, but anyway, the straighter edge should be the leading one.

Top notch modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks a lot Joachim

For the propeller; Griffon engines propellers were turning clockwise. So  the direction of the propellers is correct.

Cheers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Beautiful job on what is a favourite Spitfire mark of mine, I built the same combination of kit and conversion kit years ago but would snap up another one if Tamiya came out with one. The Mark XII combines the lines of the earlier Merlin versions with that powerful Griffon engine up front.

Cheers

Dennis

48 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Really nice job!

Thanks for your comments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks a lot Joachim

For the propeller; Griffon engines propellers were turning clockwise. So  the direction of the propellers is correct.

Cheers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for your comments.

Hello Tolga,

I didn't express myself clearly enough (and incidentally, I'm quite familiar with the Griffon engine and the Rotol prop, we have one of each in the F11 Museum at Nyköping in Sweden, where the F 11 Wing flew the PR Mk XIX between 1948 and 1955).

Your Rotol propeller is certainly turning in the right direction – that isn't the issue. What I'm referring to is that I suspect that your individual prop blades are turned back-to-front, e.g. 180 degrees, so that the more curved edge has become the leading edge, whereas in reality the straighter edge should be the leading edge. That is quite clear from the two b/w photos that you posted.

Hope this makes my comment clearer. Whatever, you have created a beautiful model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Hello Tolga,

I didn't express myself clearly enough (and incidentally, I'm quite familiar with the Griffon engine and the Rotol prop, we have one of each in the F11 Museum at Nyköping in Sweden, where the F 11 Wing flew the PR Mk XIX between 1948 and 1955).

Your Rotol propeller is certainly turning in the right direction – that isn't the issue. What I'm referring to is that I suspect that your individual prop blades are turned back-to-front, e.g. 180 degrees, so that the more curved edge has become the leading edge, whereas in reality the straighter edge should be the leading edge. That is quite clear from the two b/w photos that you posted.

Hope this makes my comment clearer. Whatever, you have created a beautiful model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim

I got it. I will try to correct them. I think it needs to be reversed

Thanks for the warning