Saipan Sherman 1/72 - Ready For Inspection

After a fair bit longer than I thought it would take I finished the Saipan Sherman, I really enjoyed building this wee heller kit in 1/72.  The background to this build is that during the invasion of Saipan in WW2 , three separate USMC shermans became stranded in the shallow lagoon surrounding Saipan, where they remain to this day. See below for the video that provided me with the basis for this diorama. My build is a bit of a composite of the three wrecks. 

I hope you like the results!

y4mdx9Ykeem5a1_GaJhUreRP_ByHcmNDoZyldEB3

y4maYZw23FCxIZD-A25of2uWcZRUGT4XcxDhHpvD

y4m8eqyTFRlrQWNWERUzCIZcpfkbLj-ZYWHKmryP

y4mr8WYGD_Q44OEo38QfhMFC-ryESdbYPohjl1SJ

Regards

Mark

• Like 14

I love the tank, the rust, the water. Excellent work. You asked for suggestions so here goes. 

The overall composition looks a bit empty though. There's a lot of water for a little tank and nothing else happening. Some swimmers, a boat, a shark, some seaweed, anything would do to give the viewer's eye somewhere else to go apart from the tank, dead centre in the water. Otherwise it's one quick look and your audience is gone and the tank is far too good to only get a brief look. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I love the tank, the rust, the water. Excellent work. You asked for suggestions so here goes. 

The overall composition looks a bit empty though. There's a lot of water for a little tank and nothing else happening. Some swimmers, a boat, a shark, some seaweed, anything would do to give the viewer's eye somewhere else to go apart from the tank, dead centre in the water. Otherwise it's one quick look and your audience is gone and the tank is far too good to only get a brief look. 

Bertie, 

Thanks, I know what you mean, I agree it seems a bit empty, I think an error has come  back to bite me 😀 I made the water too dark. So when I sorted the base I had the static grass in and the base "framed" the tank quite snuggly, I was hoping that the grass would continue to shoe through and frame the tank on completion  of the pour. I can see now it wasn't gona work out that way. Maybe if I had had longer seaweed or lighter water it would have kept that snug framing effect and made the diorama busier. I did toy with a swimmer aor a squid or something in there and ended up dropping those ideas. 

Thanks though feedback noted for the next build 👍 

Mark

• Like 1