Philip Goldstein and his P-38 “Jewboy”

Hello Everyone … I present to you my P-38J in the markings of Philip Goldstein’s “Jewboy”. There are links in the build thread to more info on Lieut. Goldstein. Ive wanted to do this plane since I first saw a photo. I was able to secure a sheet of decals made by Kagero through another member. This is the 1/48 Academy kit and Ive done my best to re-create the plane. If you would be interested I have added a link to the build thread. 

d0Aa9cB.jpg

AxaDzKe.jpg

KoS927B.jpg

FvVOCzW.jpg

kBQmft0.jpg

4NCG3wO.jpg

sAlkgRV.jpg

zCnFu0V.jpg

F8t8SX4.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

On 26/11/2022 at 23:18, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Everyone … I present to you my P-38J in the markings of Philip Goldstein’s “Jewboy”. There are links in the build thread to more info on Lieut. Goldstein. Ive wanted to do this plane since I first saw a photo. I was able to secure a sheet of decals made by Kagero through another member. This is the 1/48 Academy kit and Ive done my best to re-create the plane. If you would be interested I have added a link to the build thread. 

d0Aa9cB.jpg

AxaDzKe.jpg

KoS927B.jpg

FvVOCzW.jpg

kBQmft0.jpg

4NCG3wO.jpg

sAlkgRV.jpg

zCnFu0V.jpg

F8t8SX4.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

It's a beast.

Alain

• Thanks 1

Thank you for providing the links to the story of this aircraft.  It was most interesting.  Your depiction of the aircraft is spot on.  The NMF is just flawless from the pictures.  You have done the plane and the man true justice and high tribute to them.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, georgeusa said:

Thank you for providing the links to the story of this aircraft.  It was most interesting.  Your depiction of the aircraft is spot on.  The NMF is just flawless from the pictures.  You have done the plane and the man true justice and high tribute to them.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you that means a lot, a good number of my builds are about a specific pilots. 

2 hours ago, Gordon J said:

Really lovely model but I think the final reveal photos deserve to be taken against a less cluttered backdrop.

Thank you, If it gets a bit more decent weather wise or If I can find an area indoors I will. Currently its winter so grey, cold & wet. As for indoors SWMBO has taken over almost all surfaces in the house for Chrimbo decorations. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1