Airfix 1/48th Irish Air Corps Anson I

Probably one of my favourite Anson schemes, that has just come out beautifully, very well done. 

I’m now interested in know more about your ‘larger aileron’ comments as I’m hoping to make an early RAAF Anson whenI finally get hold of one down here. 

Cheers.. Dave 

I've seen a couple of excellent builds of this kit here on this forum and I am slowly coming to terms with liking this aircraft.  Your choice of color scheme is a great one and really different.  I may even be forced to try and build one of these contraptions by all of this excellent modeling of the Airfix kit.  Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

6 hours ago, noelh said:

Airfix certainly outdid themselves with the Anson. Brilliant build too. I didn't  know about the longer ailerons on the early Anson. Would  that also apply to early RAF 

Thank you. Yes, certainly but when the shorter ones started to be fitted is anyones guess. I’m sure there’s someone out there somewhere that knows. I have photos in the Air Britain book showing K6320 of 269 squadron in 1937 that definitely has the long ones and another photo of K8723 of 10 FTS (no date on the photo) that has the shorter ones. So logic tells me it was somewhere between those serial numbers at least.
Whether it was by c/n or serial I don’t know. It’s very difficult to see unless it’s an aerial shot. 
The Air Britain book is excellent for telling you when and where and who with but that’s about it.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

If it’s any help the first 2 IAC ones were c/n 980 and 981 as they hadn’t yet been given RAF serial numbers when they were diverted off the production line.

The later IAC aircraft were ex RAF aircraft in the N serial range.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...