1/72 RAAF F/A-18A Hornet markings circa 2003

Jabba

I am planning in the not too distant future to make a F/A-18A Hornet from Op Falconer in 2003 (Austrailian part in OIF). I have the Academy kit plus a certain amount of info, but unfortunately I do not have the correct markings. I do know that Hawkeye decals do a sheet for all 3 Sqns in standard markings that used to Hornet from that time period, but these are out of print and everywhere that  look does not have them for sale. I am hoping that some of our Antipodian brethern (or anyone else) might able to shed some light on where I may be able to get some decals. Thanks in advance for any information.

• Jabba changed the title to 1/72 RAAF F/A-18A Hornet markings circa 2003

There is a distinct lack of decent decals for RAAF hornets. A couple of Aus based companies do them but quality is very variable so do your research.

Ronin decals are a good place to start. They have announced revising the hornet range especially but a lot of people are going purple here with breath holding… :)

still waiting for a decent set of Grumpy Monkey markings for 77 Sqn…

Thanks for that info Greg, having looked in certain areas I thought that might be the case. I did contact Ronin Decals earlier this year as I went to Oz in Oct this year and was hoping that a decal sheet could be posted to where I was staying. Unluckily they did not have anything that would do. I have found that the kit that I am using has a 3 sqn aircraft as one of the marking options, but the Ser No is not correct for an aircraft from this Op. I will keep looking around to see what I can find.