Tamiya Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V WRC

Background:

A great looking rally car derived from a great looking road car (or perhaps even the other way around!), from a golden era of rallying. Needs no further reasons to be built beyond that.

Pros:

Incredibly detailed chassis, suspension and interior. Usual Tamiya high quality for everything - shape, moulding, fitment. Window masks. Great decals.

Cons:

None really aside from not having an engine, which is normal for rally car kits. It's a really high quality kit and I can't praise it enough.

Verdict:

Sublime. Such a joy to build and look at, very recommended.

Build notes:

Built over 7 weeks in October/November 2022. Extras to the kit are: Photo-etch bonnet and boot pins, a few cables inside and some seatbelts and buckles. There's very little this kit needs that Tamiya don't already provide. The car is painted with Tamiya rattle-cans, clearcoated with Mr Hobby Premium gloss.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by galaxyg
  • Like 17

Hi, I followed your build and it’s great to see the Mitsubishi in its finished form. Really nice build and a superb model.

I like the look of the Evo V and especially this colour scheme, you have certainly done it justice.

• Like 1