Mobius 2001 Space Clipper in 1/160 decals (PanAm)

Firstly, thanks for letting me join.

I recently purchased the 1/160 Space Clipper at Telford, and I didn’t check at the time to if it came with the PanAm decals.

I was able to source them from several USA sites, but the cost of postage from said county is currently absurd.

So does anyone know where I can obtain a set of the  from here in the Uk, 

Thxs. Rob

Edited by Rob Moffatt

I agree with this - I sourced a set of Pan AM declas for the 1:72 from the USA, the decals cost $13, postage cost $19, its ridiculous!

I can't for the life of me remember where I got my decals for the 1/160 version, I got them years ago when I got the kit and only got round to building it this year.

Your other alternative is to build it with another airliner branding - there was an excellent TWA version in the Telford comp that I thought looked great. I'm also now considering doing the 1:72 scale one I bought at Telford as an alternative branding... "Laker SpaceTrain" :D

57 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

The Pan Am was the version in 2001 I believe.    Wasn't the kit originally issued by Airfix with said livery?

According to Scalemates, you're correct... https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-sk701-orion-spacecraft--143324

Yes back when Pan Am still existed and wasn't bothered about licensing their logos. Now someone else owns the rights to their logos etc and want money for permission to use them so they are no longer in the retail kit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, Noel Smith said:

19 bucks to place some decals in an envelope and post them to you letter post.   Scandalous!

The Pan Am was the version in 2001 I believe.    Wasn't the kit originally issued by Airfix with said livery?

Aurora did a version as well.

• 2 weeks later...