Fiat G.55 „Centauro” 1:48 Spacjal Hobby

Kriss

While doing some organizing in my modeling stash, I came across a model of a Fiat G.55 "Centauro" sottoserie 0 in 1:48 a published by Special Hobby. The construction of it began a good few years ago. But during some work in the workshop I lost some of the finished parts and couldn't find them, and the model flew to the shelf waiting for me to find the parts. Finally, I managed to complete all the parts and you can move with the end of its construction. In such a state he was waiting for the end of work on him.

6sZdqLu.jpg

TNBnO3I.jpg

52ki6jp.jpg

And here's a set of parts that I lost somewhere for several years.

ZwNhKqr.jpg

• Like 9

Searching the resources of his laptop this I managed to find some pics of the construction, here the interior of the cabin.

Ez1XWcX.jpg

FFowa7h.jpg

zrUPqkR.jpg

iooXKCo.jpg

And the revised underside of the fuselage, the second photo from the old forum where I used to be.

mOYacO3.jpg

KfeOfyy.jpg

• Like 5

I finally managed to finish it after several years of lying around. Yesterday I fitted all the parts and this is how it looks ready on the workshop, now it remains for me to do a photo shoot and upload it to the gallery. Markings painted with Montex-mask (MM 48280), dedicated to this kit.

90DZzQM.jpg

EAB5aV2.jpg

• Like 6

Forgive me for writing vaguely, but "Centauro" was lying on the shelf for several years waiting for it to be finished. I don't remember having any problems with fitting parts or using putty. Models from Special Hobby are short runes and from the beginning of their production you had to put some effort into the model. Now their models are of very good quality and the fit is super. In some kits you have a lot of resin as well as photo etched plates and masks, either as add-on kits.  

I am most excited about their Italian aviation offerings, I have several models waiting in line.

8 minutes ago, Kriss said:

Forgive me for writing vaguely, but "Centauro" was lying on the shelf for several years waiting for it to be finished. I don't remember having any problems with fitting parts or using putty. Models from Special Hobby are short runes and from the beginning of their production you had to put some effort into the model. Now their models are of very good quality and the fit is super. In some kits you have a lot of resin as well as photo etched plates and masks, either as add-on kits.  

I am most excited about their Italian aviation offerings, I have several models waiting in line.

thanks for sharing, good to know !! itchy to try something different. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Very nice build, glad you found the parts again! The colour scheme is very striking.

Regards,

Adrian

[edit] are the over wing markings missing a bit of black to join the axe heads to the bundles?

Thanks for the comment, but the markings on the wings are correct. I checked and such markings were used during this period.

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2022 at 21:28, Kriss said:

And here's a set of parts that I lost somewhere for several years.

ZwNhKqr.jpg

I have been there so many times with stalled projects.  Good recovery though :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kriss said:

markings on the wings are correct

I did a bit of a deeper dive into the googlesphere - there were several splinter machines and they were all painted and marked differently! Sorry for doubting you...

Regards,

Adrian

15 hours ago, AdrianMF said:
16 hours ago, Kriss said:

I did a bit of a deeper dive into the googlesphere - there were several splinter machines and they were all painted and marked differently! Sorry for doubting you...

Don't apologize because you have nothing to apologize for. I for one am always happy when people point out to me my mistakes, especially when I have a model on the workshop to which I pay a lot of attention. I also like to build models straight from the box without checking the correctness of the kit with the original, especially when I have a hard week at work.

• Thanks 1