Hobbyboss 1/72 AT-6 kit

Mike Starmer

Has anyone seen of bought this new release from Hobbyboss?  It would seem to be an alternative version again of the Academy kit.  I particularly liked the alternative canopies supplied with the Harvard II set.  However I am wondering if the kit has the gun bulges on the starboard cowling that all AT-6 and SNJ-3-5 had whether armed or not.   Having added this three times with earlier conversions I found it a real pain to get right.  None of the drawings in Squadron Signal or Hagedon's book show these, nor do every other published drawing I have.  Even in published lists of variants it is not even mentioned and they are often very difficult to see in photographs.  

Mike, are you absolutely sure you mean the Chinese HobbyBoss? And not the Czech SpecialHobby?

Because if it's about SH, I have it in my hands and these MG bulges are made as resin elements to be glued on an unmodified Academy styrene fuselage.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks for the responses.  Sorry, I got mixed up with my kits, it is the Special Hobby, Czech kit.   If they have those bulges then good for them.  As it happens I made the Marine Corps version years ago with blue wingtips since red was not encouraged  for use in the Pacific.  They also decided to have one of my next subjects too.  Saves me a deal of work, I hope.  Dare I hope for some of the fabric cover versions next year?

• Like 1