Iconic Intros.

Bullbasket

Another classic from Genesis. It's what first got me interested in the group (Yes, they're a group not a band. Ted Heath and Billy Cotton had bands). And it was the intro that first grabbed my attention.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Another classic from Genesis. It's what first got me interested in the group (Yes, they're a group not a band. Ted Heath and Billy Cotton had bands). And it was the intro that first grabbed my attention.

My better half and I both bought this album before we met each other. Neither of the album covers match this one. Marketing I suppose

Trevor

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, Procopius said:

Well, I build limited-run kits all the time, but I still believe the penalty for an intro more than one minute long should be death, and a whipping for more than thirty seconds. 

And the penalty for a ten minute drum solo ?    :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, IanHx said:

And the penalty for a ten minute drum solo ?

Being locked in a room with it on a continuous loop.

Cheers

Colin

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

If you don't like long intros, don't listen to Floyd's Wish you were here album. Shine on you Crazy Diamond's intro is about 10 minutes long (and it's great).

Many years ago is saw a documentary on the CAF (I think) which had a brilliant taxi and take off sequence of a B-25 IIRC to the sound of Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Made a big impression on me at the time, but I've not been able to find it since.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

Time for a bit of Lynard Skynard....

Of course it would be remiss of me not to mention the above without the Kingsman church fight scene :)

removed

oh, ok. Not enough model airplanes in it.  They'll have to google it for themselves :)

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 3:31 PM, alt-92 said:

when they realise they actually have to DO something first to get a result (no, pouring glue in the box and shaking it doesn't count)

HEY!!! That's the only way I've ever made a model. Are you really telling us there's another way...? We should be told these things. 

Chris.