Iconic Intros.

Bullbasket

1 hour ago, IanHx said:

what ?  from my amazingly off-tune singing you didn't get   Smoke On The Water ?  😄

Dum dum dah dum dum makes me think of this, not SoTW.

• Like 3

Rush's "Spirit of Radio". Starts in amazing form and keeps getting better as the track continues. It sends a small shiver down my spine, every time in hear it.

The band's "Closer To The Heart" also has an epic opening. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Rush's "Spirit of Radio". Starts in amazing form and keeps getting better as the track continues. It sends a small shiver down my spine, every time in hear it.

The band's "Closer To The Heart" also has an epic opening. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

If you're going iconic Rush intros , then I'd be looking at 2112.....  Temples of Syrinx

Or Tom Sawyer on Moving Pictures.

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IanHx said:

If you're going iconic Rush intros , then I'd be looking at 2112.....  Temples of Syrinx

To be honest, I've always thought the Syrinx intro is good, but the other two tracks just demand your attention from the very first note. 

To each their own.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

9 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

To be honest, I've always thought the Syrinx intro is good, but the other two tracks just demand your attention from the very first note. 

To each their own.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

So many good Rush intros to choose from... the hard part is choosing which songs DON'T grab your attention from the first note :)    (particularly the 1980s albums )

Edited by IanHx

One thing I’ve noted is how old most of the intros chosen are. I don’t mean the Beethovens, etc., but other than my choice of Kylie, which is 2001, everything else seems to be from the early ‘80’s back.

I did think of Blue Monday and How soon is now, but again, early 80’s.

Is it me, or is the music of the 21st century unknown to everyone else, or is it just me who finds it mostly forgettable?

(excepting Metallica, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, new wave of prog rock, Todd Rundgren, burble burble, ribble ribble …….)

Oh, here’s another oldie;

• Like 4