How different is the F-15E to the F-15K?

Harrier/ViperFan

Is there much of a difference between the F-15E and the F-15K. As the only kit is the Academy for the K and the Academy F-15 Kits are ok but compared to whats out there now i rather if i can use a E from GWH or Revell. But i am unsure of the differences between the 2.

This video may be helpful for information about the F-15K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9nXHKyrCtg

The first batch delivered (40 planes) had GE engines with completely different exhausts (very much like the F-16C Block 50). The second batch reverted to P&W engines (like the -E); I've found photos of K's both with and without the turkey feathers. Katran does replacement First Batch exhausts, but doesn't specify which if any kit they're designed to fit.

The -K instrument panel is different -- flat glass.

Wolfpack did a complete -K upgrade set to go with the Revell kit -- WP 48001. I couldn't immediately find any retailer stocking it. There are photos of the parts at the WP web page. Looks like various different pylons as well:

http://www.wolfpack-d.com/catalog/htm/wp48001.html

3 hours ago, Seawinder said:

The first batch delivered (40 planes) had GE engines with completely different exhausts (very much like the F-16C Block 50). The second batch reverted to P&W engines (like the -E); I've found photos of K's both with and without the turkey feathers. Katran does replacement First Batch exhausts, but doesn't specify which if any kit they're designed to fit.

I'd be curious to see these photos of K's with the turkey feathers if you're suggesting the P&W exhausts were used by the RoKAF with "feathers" installed - to the best of my knowledge all the F100s were delivered "featherless" (as with most current Eagle variants with P&W powerplants).  The GE F110s used on the initial batch do have a "feathered" exhaust, since AFAIK there's no such thing as a "featherless" F110.

In addition to the engines on the first batch, the RoKAF Eagles also have an IRST mounted integral with the port LANTIRN pylon (under the intake).  Otherwise for modeling purposes the Slam Eagle airframes are identical to late USAF versions.

1 hour ago, CT7567 said:

I'd be curious to see these photos of K's with the turkey feathers if you're suggesting the P&W exhausts were used by the RoKAF with "feathers" installed - to the best of my knowledge all the F100s were delivered "featherless" (as with most current Eagle variants with P&W powerplants).  The GE F110s used on the initial batch do have a "feathered" exhaust, since AFAIK there's no such thing as a "featherless" F110.

In addition to the engines on the first batch, the RoKAF Eagles also have an IRST mounted integral with the port LANTIRN pylon (under the intake).  Otherwise for modeling purposes the Slam Eagle airframes are identical to late USAF versions.

Yes, I'm sure you're right about the turkey feathers. I think I was looking at a GE exhaust can.