The O colour again .The Willow returns

Grandboof

Hi Martin,

not bad for the dreaded O color. Not too far to go IMHO.

I have to say that I am full of admiration for brave folk like you who rig a model that is only 75-odd percent built. If it were me, I know exactly what would happen to this spider web.

All the best!!!

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All

With the Viking complete it is time for this one to get a KUTA. Some more small bits added . Next the gun . The floats are about ready for rigging and assembly. For that I have a cunning plan . More soon . Hoping to finiash this one by the 7th so things can get salty.

Martin H 

spacer.png

• Like 5

Hi All . 

Some more progress . First I have decided to omit the gun as I cant' find any photo of it in place . I can always add it it later if need be . Now the float plane . 1 Attach rigging to the locating holes .

spacer.png

2 Add cross bracing 

spacer.png

3 Repeat for the front . So far so good . Thanks for looking in 

Martin H

• Like 6

Hi All

Slowly getting there . Looking more like an aeroplane now. Just a couple of small bits and the last of the rigging ( Tail) then decals .

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

Getting closer . Last two decals to go then the windscreens . The decals were suprisingly well behaved .  Next update should be the last . Plenty more KUTAs lying around. Thanks for looking in 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 6

Hi Martin,

this model is looking better and better.

Your orange appears just right, and the finished model quite eatable!

Almost finished, so Congrats are allowed!

Great show.

JR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All . 

Completion will be delayed due to downward spiral towards the floor . I caught it but oops. Floats separated ,upper wing and struts likewise. Amazingly the rigging has mostly survived and stretched back into place . Should be back on track tomorrow.  One cobane strut remains to be reattached and the floats back on . Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

• Sad 4

It's fun to know that big kids still play with their model when it's finished.:pilot:
No, Grandboof. You don't throw the model away to see if it flies!

It's a shame to have to pick up the pieces. But you're almost there.

This plane is orange, but it doesn't have the skin. The paint looks very smooth. 👍

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 1:29 AM, Grandboof said:

Hi All . 

Completion will be delayed due to downward spiral towards the floor . I caught it but oops. Floats separated ,upper wing and struts likewise. Amazingly the rigging has mostly survived and stretched back into place . Should be back on track tomorrow.  One cobane strut remains to be reattached and the floats back on . Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

EZ-Line is tougher than generally suspected. I have had your experience of dropping a model with rigged wings and having them remain more or less recognizably intact. Glad the thing turned out well for you.

Welcome to the ancient and noble order of the caffeine-soused spider....

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...