Chengdu J20 Mighty Dragon

Finish no10 for the year is Dream Model's Chengdu J20 Mighty Dragon (beast mode), I got this from Hannants at a reduced price due to the box being crushed and when it arrived I found that the sprues had been warped but this didn't effect the result. Unfortunately the extra missiles and wing pylons supplied are resin printed rather than cast and broke up when cut from the print tree's, but fortunately I hadn't drilled the mounting holes in the wings. The kit also has some brass etch for the cockpit but I found this very soft and it didn't bond well so was discarded. The plastic used is soft and flexible until joined with other parts, without the main weapon bay in place the lower fuselage was particularly flexible. The canopy had a nasty seam that needed a lot a polishing to remove and at certain angles is still visible. I was hopeful for this kit as I was after the AH1Z Cobra but after this one I don't think I'll bother. Built OOB and painted with Mr Hobby Colour, I went for the splinter scheme as this is the less common one pictured. Not my best result for the year but ok from a metre, as usual all comments welcome.

XTua9Jv7_o.jpg

sC0FgVeh_o.jpg

XXjcV0DS_o.jpg

d4zWjJtE_o.jpg

JokWx2RO_o.jpg

ztO7bhsy_o.jpg

HbWKUwd4_o.jpg

uBZShMbS_o.jpg

qCkizxMy_o.jpg

tswVYhQA_o.jpg

G2tmNLeJ_o.jpg

UWk6N6U0_o.jpg

EIRKMOUh_o.jpg

J20 is a big aircraft, much larger than the F35 I built earlier this year.

sjPCY9g4_o.jpg

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Dave Klaatu said:

Nice work on that! Nice camo!

I was thinking of buying the Trumpeter 1/72 kit of this.

I had a look at that but went for the Dream Model as the Trumeter kit is based on one of the prototype aircraft so shape is not accurate for a production one.

24 minutes ago, Deano353 said:

Trumpeter are making a 48th scale version of this which is the scale I'll go for but judging by the size of that next to an F-35 it might be a bit too big!

Here 2 more comparison pictures for you, firstly F102 Delta Dagger.

BGECCDLA_o.jpg

And SR71.

YDaggNLl_o.jpg

• Like 2