Problem not seeing photos and more

On some threads instead of a full photo there appears a small square with a code next to it.

Sometimes when I click on this square it opens another black window with the wee square in it. Still no photo

Last light I took a chance and clicked on that wee square and it took me to yet another window, but with the photo showing

As soon as I closed those windows my computer told me I'd imported viruses and other nasty things so my computer refused me access to certain other on-line sites until it cleared my computer system.

Amongst the websites my computer refused to allow me access to were my on-line banks and this delayed for about 2 hours my being able to pay a customs bill, and also it blocked a website I was in the middle of buying from,  It was only two hours but at the time it happened I wasn't to know how long it would take.

Can someone please explain, in words of two syllables, what is going on?

thanks

20 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

On some threads instead of a full photo there appears a small square with a code next to it.

Sometimes when I click on this square it opens another black window with the wee square in it. Still no photo

Last light I took a chance and clicked on that wee square and it took me to yet another window, but with the photo showing

As soon as I closed those windows my computer told me I'd imported viruses and other nasty things so my computer refused me access to certain other on-line sites until it cleared my computer system.

Amongst the websites my computer refused to allow me access to were my on-line banks and this delayed for about 2 hours my being able to pay a customs bill, and also it blocked a website I was in the middle of buying from,  It was only two hours but at the time it happened I wasn't to know how long it would take.

Can someone please explain, in words of two syllables, what is going on?

thanks

some info about the thread and what you clicked on might help?

I don't know what site you clicked on Fred, but it happens whenever you click onto any photos that have been uploaded from sites such as Village Photos. That happens because they have let their security certificate slide, and now the site is seen as unsafe.

John.