Hobby 2000 1/48 F-8E Crusader (Hasegawa rebox)

Stephen

3 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Just to clarify, before I go off and touch myself inappropriately over this news, this would be the Hasegawa kit in there and NOT the Italeri/ESCI/Eisenhower vintage kit?   

You mean you weren't able to glean that from the topic title where it says Hasegawa rebox?

25 minutes ago, Stephen said:

You mean you weren't able to glean that from the topic title where it says Hasegawa rebox?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/monogram-5826-f-8-crusader--159269

That too was sold by Hasegawa once upon a time. Any more snarky replies?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/monogram-5826-f-8-crusader--159269

That too was sold by Hasegawa once upon a time. Any more snarky replies?  

One came up on the 'bay a while ago and a friend brought it expecting a bargain. He's got the Monogram version and is a bit emotional now 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

One came up on the 'bay a while ago and a friend brought it expecting a bargain. He's got the Monogram version and is a bit emotional now 🤣

Not going to lie, I very nearly fell for the same thing earlier in the year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

NOT the Italeri/ESCI/Eisenhower vintage kit?   

Ha! Eisenhower vintage - that got me thinking about building the Aurora (or was it Lindberg?) kit back during my misspent youth. Now those were the days!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Rob Bray said:

Anyone got any insight on these?  Are they simply the hasegawa sprues in a H2000 box? Or are they (as I really hope) the result of a bit of retooling to address the awful panel lines and detail on the belly. 

Probably not…mostly they're just reboxes!

16 minutes ago, Rob Bray said:

Anyone got any insight on these?  Are they simply the hasegawa sprues in a H2000 box? Or are they (as I really hope) the result of a bit of retooling to address the awful panel lines and detail on the belly. 

No usually these are re-pops in H2000 boxes, Ive not heard if any re-tooling since they started about 2 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Rob Bray said:

Awful panel lines! Really. .Never heard of that. What’s wrong with them?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trenton guy said:

Awful panel lines! Really. .Never heard of that. What’s wrong with them?

The panel lines get a bit faint towards the aircraft centerline and the catapult attachment well is missing.  https://www.scalespot.com/onthebench/f8e-eduard/build.htm

I ordered one of these last week from Exito in Poland

Got my kit today.  The box is huge, much larger than the box Hasegawa would typically use.  The Hasegawa sprues rattle around in the box.  All parts are in one bag with the clear sprue is bagged separately, but inside the big bag. Sticking with my current practice, I'm not opening bags until I start the kit..  I didn't see any damage to anything.  The only difference in this kit compared to the equivalent Hasegawa kit is a small sheet of wheel and canopy paint masks. And, this kit was available at a reasonable cost ($43 including shipping from Poland to Kansas) which cannot necessarily be said about the Hasegawa kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Steve McArthur said:

Got my kit today.  The box is huge, much larger than the box Hasegawa would typically use.  The Hasegawa sprues rattle around in the box.  All parts are in one bag with the clear sprue is bagged separately, but inside the big bag. Sticking with my current practice, I'm not opening bags until I start the kit..  I didn't see any damage to anything.  The only difference in this kit compared to the equivalent Hasegawa kit is a small sheet of wheel and canopy paint masks. And, this kit was available at a reasonable cost ($43 including shipping from Poland to Kansas) which cannot necessarily be said about the Hasegawa kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That is an oversized box!

I don’t have the kit and won’t be buying one as I already have the Hasegawa kit in the stash but I’m guessing the other plus to this re boxing is that the decals will be much more user friendly. 

James 

On 12/20/2022 at 10:19 PM, Boman said:

That box is insane!

On 12/21/2022 at 12:36 PM, franky boy said:

That is an oversized box!

I don’t have the kit and won’t be buying one as I already have the Hasegawa kit in the stash but I’m guessing the other plus to this re boxing is that the decals will be much more user friendly. 

The box allows to store at least 2 additional Hasegawa Cruzes in their original box... so its great!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1