1/108 Harbor Tug

12 minutes ago, MODeller said:

1970 ? Eer no inside the funnel is inscribed copyright 1955

Even older than I remember.  1/108 scale is probably a result of being "box scale" as other kits where of that period.

It is indeed a nice little kit. I was eyeing one up at the local hobby store just last week and it almost followed me home.

cheers, Graham

10 hours ago, Francis Macnaughton said:

It makes a nice basis for radio control - i did this one as for the Mulberry Harbours after D-Dayspacer.png

Amazing water effect on that base, Francis. Well done!

• Haha 1

Really lovely model from that old Revell Tugboat kit. 

Weathering looks very realistic up to the wheelhouse deck but seems to stop there.

Is there a bit more weathering to be done on this model on the wheelhouse and funnel?

The kit dates back to the 50's and was originally named 'Long Beach' but has some renamed re releases since.

6 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Really lovely model from that old Revell Tugboat kit. 

Weathering looks very realistic up to the wheelhouse deck but seems to stop there.

Is there a bit more weathering to be done on this model on the wheelhouse and funnel?

The kit dates back to the 50's and was originally named 'Long Beach' but has some renamed re releases since.

I should have weathered the wheel house and funnel too. I will go back and do it. Thanks for the observation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...