MC.200 "Saetta" 1:48 Italeri

Kriss

The model has been finished for a long time and it is also high time to take photos for the gallery and post them on the forum. I treated it as a typical rest and straight out of the box. It's just a pity that the extras for it are not available from Eduard. That's the way I would have gone over it a bit and pootled it. The model itself was very pleasant to build, well-fitted, the very pluses. By the way Italeri has just reissued it in their range, only the decal is for other camouflages. Gallery below, enjoy.

The workshop is here: 

g4ADdSx.jpg

oImRLvX.jpg

866IHt5.jpg

JLhc5Vq.jpg

whRXMpy.jpg

Pbq1ZXR.jpg

RXpcZYH.jpg

ardhzzZ.jpg

• Like 55
  • Thanks 1

Well tried but you can't have flaps down this way on a "Saetta",the parts under the fuselage should be down too! Many details as the pitot tubes, undercarriage bay could be improved with a little work. Anyway this Italeri kit is not their best and you have done a good job with it. Regards.

• Like 2

If the Italians had spent as much time on the aircraft design as their intricate camo schemes, maybe their aircraft would have flown a bit better.  You have tackled a hard to do paint scheme and pulled it off magnificently.  A really good looking 200.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I use a variety of paints but lately Bilmodel are as main, and they are not acrylics. I have a problem with acrylic paints, I can't airbrush with them. And for painting I use Harder&Steenbeck Infinity airbrush but I upgraded it with fPc (valve fPc complete (fine pressure control), that's what it's called. I use a 0.15 nozzle but not all colors will paint, the problem is with the pigment. The rest on 0.2 goes. I have the pressure set at a range of 1.4 to 1.6.

And as for the flaps at the fuselage, I was building "Saetta" as a rest model. In the kit they were not separate and I did not want to do anything else, total laziness. But as I had a hard time at work, it is necessary to rest. Forgive me for the mistake with the flaps.

Beautiful Saetta and excellent painting Kriss !

2 hours ago, Kriss said:

And as for the flaps at the fuselage, I was building "Saetta" as a rest model. In the kit they were not separate and I did not want to do anything else, total laziness. But as I had a hard time at work, it is necessary to rest. Forgive me for the mistake with the flaps.

You don't have to ask for forgiveness for building a model the way you like 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kriss said:

I use a variety of paints but lately Bilmodel are as main, and they are not acrylics. I have a problem with acrylic paints, I can't airbrush with them. And for painting I use Harder&Steenbeck Infinity airbrush but I upgraded it with fPc (valve fPc complete (fine pressure control), that's what it's called. I use a 0.15 nozzle but not all colors will paint, the problem is with the pigment. The rest on 0.2 goes. I have the pressure set at a range of 1.4 to 1.6.

And no doubt an admirable amount of patience, thank for the informative reply. Superb model.

• Like 1