Finally joined up!

Volant

Hello,

New member from Yorkshire, albeit living in the south of England. Very common story - built every Airfix going as a child. Born early 80s, loads of memories of my bedroom full of WW2 aircraft, poorly painted.

I came back to the hobby briefly in my early 20s, and again with gusto about 5 years ago. Really enjoying it second (third?) time round, this time with airbrush, research, care and attention. The stash is already embarrassing after only 5 years of procurement.

I’m a long time lurker here - I’ve got so many tips, hints and enjoyment, so thank you. And I’ve finally signed up….

Volant

• Like 4

Welcome!

Yes that story has more than a whiff of familiarity about it. The only thing that doesn't exactly mirror mine is the fact that you've taken 5 whole years to build up to an embarrassing stash size!

Please do post some of your builds in the ready for inspection sections, we'd love to see what you've been getting up to; and show us your current projects in work in progress threads. We've also just finish voting for next year's group builds so check those out if you're game, quite a broad range of subjects this year.

Cheers,
Andy

• Like 1

Not sure I’m ready for the internet to see my builds at the moment!

I’m currently working my way through the aircraft my Grandfather and Great Uncles flew, an awful of (in some cases hard to get…) WW2 trainers, working towards their operational types - Lancaster, Wellington, Hurricane IIc and Spit Vb, all in correct markings.

Just about to finish a Stearman PT-17.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum from another comparative newcomer with a similar history.  Whilst I'm currently a car modeller I used to build just about everything in my teens and earlier, back in the 1960s.

Please don't be shy of posting your builds on the forum, they will be of interest to other members regardless. Do bear in mind that here you'll find all levels of ability from the absolute experts right down to my level and they're all of interest.  I've found nothing but friendship and encouragement since joining - I've also learned a huge amount from tips and polite comments generously provided by others.

• 2 weeks later...