Jaguar E type - Revell 1/24 by fnick

Fnick

Morning all

Finished! 🙂. Apart from the bonnet which does not close properly on both sides at once...☹️ I'm happy with how it's come out. I didn't have too much time to take photos as I did it during my lunch break and didn't get any decent ones of the interior.

Main colours used in this build were tamiya TS gun metal, greenstuffworld airbrush chrome for all chrome parts and my own mix for the interior tan colour. 

Oh yeah and the wheels are 3D printed. I did use the kit tyres though. I'll stop rambling...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And as promised a couple with the baby one!

spacer.png

spacer.png

And one last one with a black background under artificial lighting.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, Nick 

• Like 26

Couldn't help yourself could you...🙄😋

There you are Spiny... Just for you...

spacer.png

Oh and thanks very much for your comments.🙂😁 Always appreciated (yes I do mean that!). I hadn't even realised I'd only shown one side...🤗

Nick

• Like 10

A gorgeous piece of work.  Beautifully executed paint job, detailing just right, really well finished all round.  Lovely unusual colour but it suits the E-Type perfectly.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all! You're too kind. I'm interested by the comments about the colour. Yes it is an unusual colour for an e type but they do exist! 🙂

Here's a photo of a real one courtesy of Hendon way motors.

spacer.png

Nick

• Like 7

Interesting thread to follow about Nick's splendid Revell E Type build.

It would be nice if Revell tooled up a new MGB kit with Roadster and Coupe options with engine detail. The one they issued before was a kerbside re boxed Aoshima kit.

I would love to see the Jensen Interceptor kitted.  British car, Italian styling with American grunt.

Or maybe a Triumph Stag or TR4 in 1/24th scale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Very nice indeed! I'm in themidst of building one and your WIP has been very helpful. I also was given Jonathan Woods book formy birthday - a mine of info and photos. 

• Thanks 1