COLLISION COURSE.....past and present

IGKOR

Hello everyone,

trying to complete rigging of the Cutty Sark got me a bit "tired" so I took a "short" brake to go through some older builds of mine and decided to unite two of them, carrier USS ENTERPRISE and carrier USS Saratoga CV60, at 1:720  scale, accompanied by some destroyers (if I am not mistaking) like USS Cushing DD-985 and guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes CG-49 at 1:700 scale.

To make my work easier I came up with the thought to add in the same "presentation" the WWII german battleships  Bismarck and  Scharnhorst at scale 1:700 and to make it more exciting also the Admiral Graf Spee at 1:350 scale.

spacer.png  spacer.png

To combine them I came up creating a base 115cm x 62cm, made of a double layer carton box. I glues upon it wrinkled aluminium foil and made the openings for the ships placement.

Positioning all of them gave the following

spacer.png spacer.png

Its just a start and I hope it will come out nice!

Now heading on for base painting......

Be Well!

Igkor

• Like 5

On 22/11/2022 at 14:58, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Igkor, that's a rather interesting concept, the old meeting the new.      Regards, Jeff.

Ηi Jeff, yes it is.

I do remember now, there was a movie in the 80s, do not remember the title, but the story was that the Carrier USS Nimitz passed through a time warp and travelled back in time where it faced japanese battleships.....

Maybe that was deep inside my consiousess and came up now!

Be Well!

Igkor

3 hours ago, IGKOR said:

I do remember now, there was a movie in the 80s, do not remember the title, but the story was that the Carrier USS Nimitz passed through a time warp and travelled back in time where it faced japanese battleships.....

Maybe that was deep inside my consiousess and came up now!

"The Final Countdown"  -  I was thinking of the movie too, and nearly mentioned it. If memory serves, the ship went back in time to 6th December 1941, the day before the Pearl Harbour attack. The Captain (Kirk Douglas) was faced with the dilemma as to whether he should take on the Japanese fleet and change history. I wont tell you what happened in case someone wants to watch the movie.

Regards, Jeff.

On 24/11/2022 at 01:58, ArnoldAmbrose said:

"The Final Countdown"  -  I was thinking of the movie too, and nearly mentioned it. If memory serves, the ship went back in time to 6th December 1941, the day before the Pearl Harbour attack. The Captain (Kirk Douglas) was faced with the dilemma as to whether he should take on the Japanese fleet and change history. I wont tell you what happened in case someone wants to watch the movie.

Regards, Jeff.

You ate absolutely Jeff, thanks for reminding!

Be Well!

Igkor

Just now, IGKOR said:

You ate absolutely Jeff, thanks for reminding!

Be Well!

Igkor

Em,...are..not ate!

• Like 1