1/35 Morris C8 FAT 'Quad' Mk.II

Peter Browne

I was looking for the Mirror Models 1/35 British Morris C8 Quad Mk.II (35402) but nowhere to be found.  This is to go with a 25 pdr QF and limber.  From what I've read this is the best kit for the Mk.II, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Given that I can't find that kit, what's next 'best' in terms of build and accuracy?

In terms of 1/35 25 pdr QF and Limber - Bronco?  Or something else?

LZ used to be distributors for both Mirror and Thunder in this part of the world.  They don't currently have the Mirror MkII Quad for sale.  I couldn't find anyone who did.  For the UK, Bachmann have taken over distribution of Thunder Models.  Mirror list Bachmann as their UK distributor too but Bachmann don't show Mirror in their brand list and don't list any Mirror products.

For Australia the listed distributors for Mirror are BNA and Mouse House

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nick Belbin said:

Try here:

https://www.lzmodels.com/Mirror-Models-LTD-Production.html

They're in Ireland and I’ve used them fairly recently and were helpful. Got to be worth an email.

Nick

I have already asked Libor (owner of LZ, which is the parent company of Mirror and Thunder) and he's sold out of all the Morris FAT kits, which are now OOP.   I have searched everywhere via Google, and no stock.   Nothing even on eBay globally.  

The only chance is from someone's stash...or the Japanese Jauce auction site, which is useful for hard to find kits, and good bargains to be had, though shipping can be a killer. 

Off topic, but at the time of posting there is a MIRROR Models 1/35 US Diamond T 969A Wrecker for auction at 1400 yen (about AU$14) with three days left!  I already have one in the stash... Beware shipping though, but at that price... I have bought several OOP kits from there with no problem at all.

That said, there is the Mk.II Quad in the upcoming Bronco release which, if going by their 25pdr and limber kit (which I have since ordered), should be pretty good.

• Thanks 1