80th Anniversary of the "Summer War" *dead and buried*

vppelt68

2 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Any pointers towards some info on these? ;)

Cheers,

Mark 

To be honest, I admit there is info available but I have shown about zero interest in anything Soviet built so far... Finnish AF gathered a dozen or so force landed LaGG:s of which three were repaired to air-worthy and operational condition. They were used as interceptors on the Ladogan Karelian front, and apparently managed to shoot down one Soviet Bomber with it!

Edit: February 16, 1944, w/o Eino Koskinen of HLeLv 32 (32nd FS) scored the only Finnish LG-kill, against a 415 IAP LaGG-3 (!)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

To be honest, I admit there is info available but I have shown about zero interest in anything Soviet built so far... Finnish AF gathered a dozen or so force landed LaGG:s of which three were repaired to air-worthy and operational condition. They were used as interceptors on the Ladogan Karelian front, and apparently managed to shoot down one Soviet Bomber with it!

Edit: February 16, 1944, w/o Eino Koskinen of HLeLv 32 (32nd FS) scored the only Finnish LG-kill, against a 415 IAP LaGG-3 (!)

Thanks - that sounds interesting! There's some info on the web, notably Massimo Tessitori's blog here so it makes a quite interesting subject, particularly the LaGG vs LaGG combat!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to 80th Anniversary of the "Summer War" *dead and buried*