Model suggestions...

themcgarvie

Hi All,

Odd-ish request, getting back into modelling! Slowly!

To keep my other half happy and produce something I can sit on a shelf in our spare bedroom which is beach/seaside themed, I'm looking for a scale model seaplane. I'll admit I've not really looked yet, but something like the below is what I have in mind, can anyone kindly point me to some kits!?

spacer.png

Thanks in advance!

Either of these 1.32 kits would be a real treat. I was going to say that for a private smaller sized plane of this style, working in 1.72 scale will be a right fiddly pain and the end result is tiny. 

I'll guess that you're looking for a civil option, but the whole kit industry is plagued by a military obsession!! To avoid the obscure world of aftermarket decor and details, grab one that already has a civil option included in the box. 

Boy, that Revell kit looks good...... 

• Like 1

If you can find one - You want a "Scalecraft Cessna 180 Floatplane"

I had one in my youth, snap together and electrified so it could taxi round the bath!

52516691799_90e7fc4c9e_o.jpg

IanJ

• Like 3

Nice!! 

I quite fancy one myself now 😎

Did you click on that link to Scalemates website? There are some good finished models in the gallery if you scroll down through. 

Not too sure how the Tiger is going to fit into the beach and seaside theme though, you'll need to do some creative talking to get that on the shelf 😅

• Haha 1