Suyata 1/35 German Kleines Kettenkraftrad - Binned!

Ned

The best way of introducing this is to show what the box looks like:

Vl4Om1-AvEUOwCBWeA5OBg2-ONnZV0lELQWDwmWx

It looks a teeny-tiny bit like:

AL9nZEWeXafxVR-a8sOKkZuVSiWMN7g3XnRIm-44

Even the Suyata logo is a rip-off. This seems to be what Suyata do, because they also produce kits with very similar boxart to Takom and the Suyata logo miraculously changes to look like a Takom one (no pictures, but you get the idea).

The box is big enough, and contains a lot of air:

AL9nZEVE5gDLESowf-Zf12cIJpz9PIfX4wdRcMqh

Here's the kit:

UL5nhIZ0SrvUCcjNV6JlujTNdQaCbT_W2DnyS5kG

What I bought it for was the 90s video game / angular / 3D model figures, because I quite liked the look of them. Although they might end up a bit rubbish.

AL9nZEX7jIpF4VgLNiJdndApgHwVqeRqxyA_l2xf

We shall see.

I should never have bought this, I know. I feel like an alcoholic confessing all in front of an AA meeting.

Edited by Ned
rubbish
  • Like 11

13 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

OK, looks like a fun build, a homage to the Tamiya kit.

That's right Robert. It's a homage, not a rip-off copy :)

Here it is:

Knfv3nD8-aIUC7bSAuVNBsc5tZvp_aBydtFcIqyE

I'll clean it up a little bit, but I keep reminding myself that this is supposed to be a quick refreshing build, and I mustn't stress about the odd gap.

I quite like it.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Well that's novel!

The figures look very similar to the one RFM supplied with there 1/35 panzer III.

Atb

Darryl 

Yes! The RFM ones were made by Suyata. Maybe it is a legitimate manufacturer after all.

I'm still working on the figures. I have three limbless and headless bodies, waiting for Mr Surfacer to dry.

Ditto the Kettenkrad. Not a lot to do, just closing a gap on each side.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 2:20 PM, Ned said:

Even the Suyata logo is a rip-off. This seems to be what Suyata do, because they also produce kits with very similar boxart to Takom and the Suyata logo miraculously changes to look like a Takom one (no pictures, but you get the idea).

Are they a Chinese company? 

• 1 month later...

Over a month later, here's an update!

I really fell out with this because the figures (the reason I bought it in the first place) are just nasty and no fun at all. The manufacturers haven't decided whether or not they should shap together or need glue, so you end up with pieces that need crushing together and then 'ping' apart before you can get glue on them. The head and hands can be set in just one position, and they are also way out of proportion, unless you are modelling high jumpers like Jimbo Tambieri.

Never mind. I might just have to learn to paint figures after all :)

rTp33yC7_6QfDqi4CoxtsMiF2gKZPoKrBytMnhcA

I'll blast them with primer tomorrow and then crack on.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Without any prep, I puffed some Mig Dunkelgelb over it to see if I was any better at handling it than before. I love the smell of this paint (poster paint smell takes me right back to primary school), but can I apply it? No, not at all. It goes on like soup. I'm sure others can use it, but it thwarts me every time. To be fair, I was in a rush (tea on the go at the same time) and shouldn't have tried.

At least it is yellow now. All I'm going to do is pick out a few details, I don't think the kit lends itself to any more than that.

UNe8IzvDfv0i9L5OHZ3cfRu7NjKg8W3MqbbwIPEP

The figures are hard work, with joins down each upper arm and leg that are refusing to go away. I've tried scraping them out to give Mr Surfacer something to actually get into.

vstcl3oje4cFmVLxzz2RsdQKL4uEpOoGLNvKAUJ7

Same as the Kettenkrad, these will just be field grey with black boots and flesh heads/hands.

• Like 4

I'm sorry / not sorry to say that I'm binning this. I painted the rubber rims on the roadwheels and the tyres the other day, and it just looks rubbish because I don't have steady enough hands. For the stylised look to work, the painting has to be spot-on sharp edges, not wibbly-wobbly-never-mind-cover-it-up-with-a-bit-of-mud.

No point finishing it just to chuck it away, so it's off my desk and out of my life. Good riddance.

There, I feel better already!

• Sad 5

• Ned changed the title to Suyata 1/35 German Kleines Kettenkraftrad - Binned!