1/72 Special Hobby Gloster Meteor F. Mk.8

VG 33

Hello

Here is my last build with this 1/72 Special Hobby Gloster Meteor F. Mk.8 in the Syrian Air Force around 1956.

Actually this is the old MPM / Xtrakit dated back to 2006 which was reissued this year with different markings about Middle Eastern Air Forces.

I chose the Syrian one as I liked this scheme with light earth / dark green over blue. I used PRU blue because I saw a colour picture and it is consistent with most RAF fighters at the time which were dark sea grey / dark green over PRU Blue. But the discussion is open.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Hello

Here is my last build with this 1/72 Special Hobby Gloster Meteor F. Mk.8 in the Syrian Air Force around 1956.

Actually this is the old MPM / Xtrakit dated back to 2006 which was reissued this year with different markings about Middle Eastern Air Forces.

I chose the Syrian one as I liked this scheme with light earth / dark green over blue. I used PRU blue because I saw a colour picture and it is consistent with most RAF fighters at the time which were dark sea grey / dark green over PRU Blue. But the discussion is open.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well done.

Alain

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Kampartiger said:

That's a smashing looking Meteor. Btw the 'light Earth' that you have used seems perfect for it,not too stark in contrast with the green. Which colour did you used for that? 

Thank you very much.

I used Gunze H27 Tan for the Light Earth.

Patrick

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

That's a smashing looking Meteor. Btw the 'light Earth' that you used seems perfect for it,not too stark in contrast with the green. Which colour did you used for that? 

See above.

Patrick