53,937 Feet “World Altitude Record” - Frog / Novo 1/72 Bristol 138A

8 hours ago, kapam said:

Absolutely beautiful!

There's a neatness and precision in your work that I aspire to (while never quite achieving).

👏👏

That’s some plaudit, quite flattering to be honest. I do try to take my time and get things right, however I don’t always succeed and there’s many modelling carcasses in various stages of completion that would attest to that! 

I appreciate your very kind words. Thank-you. 
Cheers.. Dave 

4 hours ago, robvulcan said:

Fantastic build and wonderful subject as always. An this is my first comment on here in a few years. It’s good to be back on here seeing great works like this. Awesome :) 

Appreciate the nice comments Rob and good to see you back after such a long time away. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Appreciate the nice comments Rob and good to see you back after such a long time away. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Cheers Dave. Yes it only seems like a few mins but the years have flown by. Hope

I might even get back to posting and finishing some models soon. Been ages ! 
thanks for the welcome back :) 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Dave, sorry, I missed this one last year. This is an absolutely beautiful build and as others have said, bears your trademark preciseness and quality of end result. This high standard all takes time though, eh? And good planning. I immediately spotted the tyre logos and thought you had achieved those with a paint pen! (rather than being in the decals). I think my own build was inspired by someone else's on BM so it really is what it's all about in this great BM community - sharing and learning and improving. I can't imagine a better result on this kit than your build, though. Congratulations and well done. All the best, Mike.

• Thanks 1

Much appreciated @georgeusa, that’s awfully kind of you to say. Good surface preparation is always important for a smooth silver finish, however thats we’re the pain stops as Tamiya‘s AS-12 Bare Metal Silver rattle can does the rest. Honestly, I cannot praise this product enough, it’s so easy to use and makes for a very pleasant silver finish for a wide range of applications. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

Very nice model Dave, and I love the smooth finish.  I built the same kit for my first foray into Group Build territory a while back. The thing I did differently was my engine was a Pegasus from an old Matchbox kit. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235058858-f165-bristol-138a-frogspawn-finished-and-in-gallery/

Edit, just read the thread again and realised you made a few comments. Stiil, it was four years and a few models ago. 

• Like 1

Yes @Mr T, yours turned out brilliantly as well, however have to admit I totally forgot to take a second look at your thread whilst building mine - believe me that’s a sign of old age rather than ignorance as you made some handy improvements to yours that I could have used as reference. 

Cheers, thanks for the kind words and hope to see you in the next Frog GB..  Dave 

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, glad yours worked out well, it is a pretty unusual aircraft, and nice to see these old kits being given some TLC. Not sure about the Frog GB, I need to go through my list of  the stash contents as I haven't much Frog/Novo stuff left. Tempted by the Master as no sign of any new ones despite promises. I am sure I can find a new engine for it and have some photos etc of cockpits

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Tempted by the Master as no sign of any new ones despite promises. I am sure I can find a new engine for it and have some photos etc of cockpits

The Miles Master would be great, as that's another kit I have stashed. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1