Affix Beaufort-versions in box

BushBrit66

You can only build a Mk.I or Ia with the Airfix kit. Mk.II's were fitted with Pratt & Whitney R-1830 engines, not Bristol Taurus engines.

I'm not sure of the differences between a Mk.I and a Mk.Ia but I don't think it was anything outwardly obvious.

Chris

the later turret, nose glass, tropical air filter et c. are NOT in the first release, they will be in the second release that is said to be expected pretty soon

ilj

40 minutes ago, ilj said:

the later turret, nose glass, tropical air filter et c. are NOT in the first release, they will be in the second release that is said to be expected pretty soon

ilj

You might be confusing this with the ICM 1/48 kit? The author is asking about the 1/72 Airfix kit which does feature many additional parts to build a Mk.1a with tropical filters and later turret. 

Cheers.. Dave 

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

You might be confusing this with the ICM 1/48 kit? The author is asking about the 1/72 Airfix kit which does feature many additional parts to build a Mk.1a with tropical filters and later turret. 

Cheers.. Dave 

yes I am, THANKS for the correction, my bad

ilj

the Airfix 1/72 kit is boxed for the Mk 1, but has the late turret and the fuselage insert to mount the late turret, and tropical air filter at least, not sure about the nose glass - there may be a few Mk.2 parts missing

ilj

Hi there - can I also suggest you also have a look at the HPM Hobbies website as they have several conversion kits for the Airfix kit to make the Australian Beaufort versions Mk V, VI, VIII and IX.  Parts are mostly PU Resin and 3D print if you want to stretch yourself.  Whilst the surgery required was initially daunting, for my first resin graft I was very pleased with the result.....

• Like 1