Miggy's shelf clearance

Mig Eater

My shelf of doom is getting a bit crowed, I have 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11... to many unfinished kits 😅 I've decided I need to take action & clear some of the backlog, so I've banned myself from starting any new builds until I've finished all a few of them. They're all 1/35 armour in various states of completion, ranging from half built to painted but not weathered etc.

I'm currently working on a build in the main WIP forum (which would have actually fitted nicely in here now that I think about it!). While I finish off that build here are a few of my self queens that are in need of some love 😛

Panzer E-75 "Kingkobra"

Needs stowage & fixing a few broken parts.

photo_e75_01.jpg

Panzer Maus II

Need to redo the weld seams & a finish adding a bunch of small parts.

photo_maus_01.jpg

ShKH-1/150 (Zb 16050-P)

I wanted to replace the rubber tracks that came with the kit with new 3D printed ones, but I'll just put the rubber ones on & get it out of the way now.

photo_shkh_01.jpg

Sherman T1E3 Mineroller (early & late versions)

I made these during last years KUTA but still haven't painted them!  

t1e3_17.jpg

There are many more but I dont have photos at hand. Hopefully I can get a few of them finished over the coming months.

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 13

• 4 weeks later...

Time to give this thread a KUTA 😆

My plan for this GB was to start with the projects that are closest to completion (most just need the last few bits & paint) & work my way backwards in an attempt finish as many of them as I could. Instead I'm going to start off with the project I've done the least amount of work on, a Trumpeter 1/35 Jagdpanzer E-100. This is because I'm going to be away over the Xmas holidays & wanted to work on something for the GB but I can only take a few basic tools with me.

25863_0-auto_downl.jpg

The hull, suspension, wheels & gun are done, It just the small external stuff such as hatches & vents left to add. Before I do that I want to redo the weld seams & add some armour texture though. I also have a Voyager PE set, trumpeter's workable tracks & some resin exhausts from Paper Panzer Productions to keep me busy. My next update might not be until next year, by then I'll hopefully have this build finished & ready for paint.

e100jagd_01.jpg

• Like 4

A good choice eater of MiGs! In an effort to expand my scope of modelling I've added a Jagdpanther to my wishlist (I couldn't select a Panther as I wanted a King Tiger, and ofc balanced out the destroyer and heavy tank with a medium, Pz Kpfw IV). Sorry, in short, I will be following this build intently. :popcorn:

David

Ps. Work progress photos, esp of the redone welding, would be greatly appreciated (as your builds at the top look sublime)! 🥺

• Like 1