MiG-29UB. Peruvian Air Force. 1/72

Hello all, just finished this one after a long period of mojo loss.

The kit showed its age, the mouldings were quite basic and not the best fit but with filler and sanding it came together in the end quite well. The metal frets were very bendy compared to modern offerings, which are more sturdy and easier to use so I didn’t use all the parts. It’s finished with Xtracolor paints and varnishes with the decals coming from Hi-Decal.

Once finished I think I discovered a mistake on the decal sheet but it was too late to fix it on the model.

Hope you like it

Pete

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think after looking at photos of the real aircraft the wing markings are transposed. The roundal should be on the right. However the Peruvian Su-20 and Su-25 both have them on the left!?

Thanks for looking, Pete.

• Like 41

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

A lovely build Pete, which kit di you start out with?

Thanks Ray. The kit is from Heller and was marketed as High Tech Concept. It includes white metal seats and a fret of photo etch. The seats are pretty good but the etch is very thin, almost like stiff foil. It was from the 1990 tooling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hopesdaddy said:

Impressive work on a slightly dated kit, I fear you might be correct on the swapped insignias though after a quick Google search 

Yes, I was sorely depressed when I discovered the error on the decal placement instructions. I dont know of any other air force that has their single roundal insignia on different wings on different aircraft types within the fleet!! I think it must have been an error when they were delivered.

23 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

I dont know of any other air force that has their single roundal insignia on different wings on different aircraft types within the fleet!! I think it must have been an error when they were delivered.

There are some, Pete. Not many, though! Its odd because the Su-22s had the roundels on the port upper and starbord lower

17 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I've never found single-seat MiG-29s attractive but am quite fond of the twin-seaters.

I agree, the two seater is by far the more attractive aircraft.

17 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

it`s nice to see the employees at “The Shed” producing high quality subjects again.

Thanks Mike😀 . I did have to apply some gentle persuasion to get them working again though :whip:

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

There are some, Pete. Not many, though! Its odd because the Su-22s had the roundels on the port upper and starbord lower

Strange!  Incidently I came across your thread about how to make a Peruvian 17/20 which was very informative. I had also wondered about xkitting the Mistercraft ( nose) and modelsvit varients, but I think it will have to be a reresentation of one rather than wholly accurate if I do go ahead. What a head scratcher!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Strange!  Incidently I came across your thread about how to make a Peruvian 17/20 which was very informative. I had also wondered about xkitting the Mistercraft ( nose) and modelsvit varients, but I think it will have to be a reresentation of one rather than wholly accurate if I do go ahead. What a head scratcher!

I’m glad to find it intriguing. I’m inclined to get going with it as soon as the current builds are done. I have also published a WIP for a Starfighter threesome, including a couple of Taiwanese. They will have to wait. I started the Fitter WIP, as you will have seen, around 10 months ago with a Polish build in mind because of the lack of Tumansky conversion. That is now in my grubby hands and so I just have to decide whether to wait for Amaru at Vespa Models to produce a nose conversion or to use the Mistercraft nose parts. After that I can get started. I will eventually need decals and will also come from Vespa. I have them on pre-order but they are not yet available. I’m really looking forward to it :)

Martin

• Like 1