Ludwig Franzisket´s Emil done

1 hour ago, Werdna said:

I tried that - still nothing...

Ah, specifically double click to open the "spacer" and then when the black screen opens with the spacer symbol in the middle double click on that and a new tab will open with the photo in. You can then scroll between the other images by clicking on < or > and then double click the spacer symbol.

Bit of a carry on but a wonderful model.

• Like 2

All the clicking worked for me!

Superb job! I really like the degree of "grubbiness" that you've managed to capture. 

Silly question (probably) but is the pointed green "filler" at the end of the spinner an unusual feature? I'm used to seeing more of a snubbed nose on an Emil.

Thanks for sharing 

Peter 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hairy Stickler said:

All the clicking worked for me!

Superb job! I really like the degree of "grubbiness" that you've managed to capture. 

Silly question (probably) but is the pointed green "filler" at the end of the spinner an unusual feature? I'm used to seeing more of a snubbed nose on an Emil.

Thanks for sharing 

Peter 

Hello Peter,

all, ok nearby all, late Emils had the tip spinner.😉

• Thanks 1

A fabulous model, just on the right side of not being over-weathered. Magnificent work!

That said, as a purely personal aside, I've noticed that I'm getting less and less fascinated by crooked cross warplanes. Some 25 years ago, I travelled to London and from there to the St Athans RAF base, where they kept an Emil in original, excellent condition. I must've taken several hundred photos of every detail of the engine, that a helpful mechanic exposed by removing the covers for me.

Did I ever build that Airfix 1:24th Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-4 kit that had triggered the Don Quixote-like excursion? No. I suppose that the focus of one's interests tend to adjust with age. 😉

Anyway, to each his own, and, regardless of the subject, this is certainly a wonderfully executed scale model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2