Figure suppliers

brianthemodeller

Hi all,

I have just completed my first figure (a Miniart Roman Legionary) and have got the bug! However, I am struggling to find suppliers of 120mm figures from the periods of history that interest me most - the Wars of the Roses and the Napoleonic war. I would also be interested in some non- military figures if they existed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Hi Brian

Whilst not plentiful there are a few oldies to keep an eye open for in 120mm including some by Pilipili (I've got a Geisha and Mountain Man. Both are nicely cast in resin)

You can try Historex Agents, El Greco and SK Miniatures (Steve Kirtley) All have 120mm listed Bonaparts Military figures also do some 120mm figures included a couple of mounted Napoleonic's.

That lot should keep you busy for a while

Have fun

Paul

• Like 1

https://www.bonapartesmilitarymodels.co.uk/full-figures-120mm-plus-23-c.asp

How badly do you want to stick to one scale? How much do you want to spend? MiniArt or ICM figures new, or Airfix 1/12 figures from eBay will give plenty of enjoyable options in plastic, at not too much money…

best,

M.

Thank you both for the speedy replies. I am not too worried about maintaining scale but found that 120mm were a good size for painting and display. I had looked at 54mm which whilst offering a much broader range were just a bit small for my painting ability!

I’ll have a look at the companies you suggest and also some of the old Airfix 1/12 figures which I had forgotten all about!

• 2 weeks later...

Verlinden produced many 120 mm resin figures from a variety of time periods, I've built their ww2 British infantryman and their Napoleon figure. Both had slight problems but were fun projects. Long out of production but still available on the used market.

• Like 1

If I may butt in for a moment, As Ted said Verlinden figures are widely available:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=verlinden+120mm&_sacat=0

But do be aware that proportions sometimes seem a little off.  I have a Carabinier trooper, and his hands seem enormous and legs rather short.  But that could just be me, and at £45 or so they're much cheaper than most alternatives.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...