Glory To Ukraine!!

Pretty much finished this diorama of the modern Ukraine fight back against the Russian invasion, featuring Miniart building (and air con), Masterbox figures and Zveda Tiger AFV. Added some resin flat tyres for the Tiger and a burned out resin car by MiG.

I still have 4 more FC Modeltrend 3d printed figures to add at some point but my figure painting skills seem to be getting worse not better, so will add them later.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Matt P
  • Like 18

Added the last 4 figures. These are 3d printed items from FC Modeltrend and detail is quite good, although a bit scant in places particularly facial detail compared to resin figures.  Also they are very fragile when removing all the printing 'sprues'. Overall though quite happy with the result.

Painted with Hataka, AK, Life Color and Vallejo acrylics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

1 hour ago, thekz said:

What manufacturer is the road sign from?

I copied it from the internet and printed on ink jet transfer paper :)  It is the one that tells the Russians to 'go away'

3 hours ago, Matt P said:

I copied it from the internet and printed on ink jet transfer paper :)  It is the one that tells the Russians to 'go away'

That's why I asked. As someone who has lived almost 50 years in Russia, I am quite familiar with Russian obscene words and expressions. In my opinion, they are not used correctly on this signpost

14 hours ago, Matt P said:

Ahaa, that's what I get for taking things at face value from the internet. As far as I can tell the photo I used was real sign though?

I think it was a photomontage, a crude joke by the designer.
I can imagine spray-painting on a fence like that, but I find it hard to imagine a factory-made sign like that. 
Although, of course, anything can happen in war :hmmm:

6 hours ago, thekz said:

I think it was a photomontage, a crude joke by the designer.
I can imagine spray-painting on a fence like that, but I find it hard to imagine a factory-made sign like that. 
Although, of course, anything can happen in war :hmmm:

I have just found out the real story. The sign was digitally altered by Ukravtodor, the official state road authority in Ukraine. It was to encourage people to remove or deface signs in order to confuse the Russian army. I am not sure if anyone actually produced this sign although I believe there were similar ones done for real. Difficult to find the truth in the fog of war.

Good job, very important topic. @MattP Maybe you can add a robbed stuff inside Tigr, some TV or even washing-mashine? It's another very characteristic and widely popular, real signmark... I can send it to you if you want.

About road signs - it is quite common among modellers now. Fr example my friend used it too:

20220409_181611.thumb.jpg.517d7858087953

Gratulations!

Regards,

Michal.

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...