Asia GB; 3rd August- 24th November 2024

Col.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:29 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

aZPPJQS.jpg

This looks like the evolution of a terrifying F4U-MINION chimaera.

Please put me down for this Col.

?UF-104J 1/72 (if I can figure out a white scorpion decal.)

?Hosho as launched

Samurai 90mm

Alan-Minion 🦥

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Angus Tura said:

Please put me down for this Col.

?UF-104J 1/72 (if I can figure out a white scorpion decal.)

?Hosho as launched

Samurai 90mm

Alan-Minion 🦥

Any of those options sounds great to me Alan. The Starfighter drone would certainly be a colourful one and I think a few of them didn't have the white scorpion tail art. If fact I'm sure I've seen at least one with a simpler tail badge that looked like ones I may have spares from an F-15J kit decal sheet if that helps but would need to check... Hosho is worthy of mention as the world's first ship built from the outset as an aircraft carrier rather than something else converted to a 'flat-top' and I'm always a fan of your figure work so the Samurai is of course welcome as well.

I have a Biman Bangladesh Boeing 787 on my “waiting to start” list. The kit and decals are in the stash and I’m ready to go any time. If the GB gets up and running I’ll be happy to fly the flag for civil airliners.

Dave G

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

I have a Biman Bangladesh Boeing 787 on my “waiting to start” list. The kit and decals are in the stash and I’m ready to go any time. If the GB gets up and running I’ll be happy to fly the flag for civil airliners.

Dave G

Is that the 1/72nd scale kit Dave?

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Is that the 1/72nd scale kit Dave?

1/144 Revell.

I didn't know there was a 1/72 Dreamliner kit. Must be a mighty big beast! Even in 1/144 the 787's wingspan can be a challenge when it comes to display and storage.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

1/144 Revell.

I didn't know there was a 1/72 Dreamliner kit. Must be a mighty big beast! Even in 1/144 the 787's wingspan can be a challenge when it comes to display and storage.

There's a distinct possibility I'm thinking of not only a different manufacturer but also a totally different subject Dave :blush: As you say, however, the 787 is going to be a big model even in 1/144th scale.

Those are good options @Toryu and @Colin W and, as you say @81-er there's plenty scope across the history of Asia for many more :) 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:18 AM, Wings unlevel said:

Sign me up too Col. This far out I’m thinking an RMAF or TNI-AU Su-30 (anyone know any good decal options?). But so many great potential subjects…

Hmm, perhaps on one of the Bergemot Decals sheets, I have one at home so can check for you...

• Thanks 1

I have any number of Japanese subjects, or a Chinese Gladiator I would like to build and then of course there’s a Thai Navy AV-8S Harrier……

Count me in.

AW

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 11:40 PM, Andwil said:

I have any number of Japanese subjects, or a Chinese Gladiator I would like to build and then of course there’s a Thai Navy AV-8S Harrier……

Count me in.

AW

14 hours ago, Jabba said:

Having been into the stash to look for something today, I did find a number of kits with Japanese markings. Please count me in.

Japanese subjects are welcome as of course are Chinese and Thai ones :) There's no shortage of options through the history of the region.

8 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Sign me up for one or more JASDF or JMSDF models or a TNI F-16. 

53 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I’m in!

Welcome aboard gentlemen :) 

We're now 26 names and close to the bunfight qualification point :yahoo:

Hmm, my 'phone tried to autocarrot bunfight to bullfight, wonder if Google has been watching the action of a few weeks ago :hmmm:

Edited by Col.
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

What's an autocarrot? It chops and eats itself? 😁     Sorry, I couldn't help myself.       Regards, Jeff.

Not sure about the carrot but I did have a motorbike engine which did that once -_-

Are we adding your name to the GB list Jeff?

Come on gang, only a few more names required for this one to go through to the next stage, plenty options to pick from across the history of Asia so this GB so the opportunity for every genre of scale modelling to participate.