Asia GB; 3rd August- 24th November 2024

Col.

A while back we had the Africa GB and a lot of fun with it so how about one celebrating everything about Asia?

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/723-africa-gb/

Asia, for the purposes of this GB, I'm defining as everything east of the Ural Mountains (thus including that section of Russia) and north from East Timor. That gives us all the -stans but not Iran or Iraq which I consider better suited to a subsequent Middle East GB. Our current country list is therefore Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, the aforementioned East Timor, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea (North and South), Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, East Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam. The various different names these nations have been know as throughout history are also applicable.

Any subject, be it animal or human, machine or popular media entity, land or sea, air or space, exported from or imported to the region, is eligible. 

Let's get a list started

1, Col.

2, @vppelt68

3, @franky boy

4, @Chrisj2003

5, @DaveJL

6, @Corsairfoxfouruncle

7, @Grandboof

8, @Stefan Buysse

9, @CliffB

10, @psdavidson

11, @arfa1983

12, @Ray S

13, @Marklo

14, @Wez

15, @RidgeRunner

16, @zebra

17, @Angus Tura

18, @Skodadriver

19, @Toryu

20, @81-er

21, @Colin W

22, @Wings unlevel

23, @Andwil

24, @Jabba

25, @bianfuxia

26, @John Masters

27, @ArnoldAmbrose

28, @modelling minion

29, @JOCKNEY

30, @Rabbit Leader

31, @Marlin

32, @Maginot

33, @Old Man

34, @Mukund SB

35, @Luke1199

36, @2996 Victor

37, @stevehnz

38, @Courageous

39, @Redstaff

40, @ModelingEdmontonian

41, @bootneck

42, @fox1_BE

43, @Alan P

44, @stevej60

45, @Tiger331

46, @Dermo245

47, @Matthew1974

48, @Cammer625

Edited by Col.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yes please, count me in. I don't have anything in the stash (as far as I know!), but that would not stop me.

Ray

PS, Whoops, yes I have! An Aoshima 1/12 Honda CB400Four 1976 and the Tamiya 1/700 IJN Auxiliary Vessels set ( Sub Chaser No13; Minesweeper No19 and Mine Layer Hirashima) and I have just received from Jamie at Sovereign Hobbies some Sasebo Grey which would do nicely for the latter three items (even if those ships had not been painted at the Sasebo works). I will be good to go, as some say.

• Like 1

Welcome gang :D That's twelve of us already and some cool subjects being discussed. There's certainly a wide variety of options throughout the history of the region between the things and people that happened there, the things and people who went there, and the things and people who came from there into the wider world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Welcome gang :D That's twelve of us already and some cool subjects being discussed. There's certainly a wide variety of options throughout the history of the region between the things and people that happened there, the things and people who went there, and the things and people who came from there into the wider world.

Hello, Col.

That's a pretty broad range of possibilities there. I could easily pick a Japanese subject, but I'm wondering...

Would a "PN" tail-coded USAF F-4E  based at Clark AB in the Phillippines be allowed in?

Cheers, Stefan.

16 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Hello, Col.

That's a pretty broad range of possibilities there. I could easily pick a Japanese subject, but I'm wondering...

Would a "PN" tail-coded USAF F-4E  based at Clark AB in the Phillippines be allowed in?

Cheers, Stefan.

Yes it certainly is Stefan. In fact I was in the process of adding more detail to what this GB proposal covers when you asked this valid question :blush:

• Like 1

Just now, vppelt68 said:

Just to be sure... countries like Türkiye and Israel are geographically Asian, are they also groupbuildically that? V-P

I'm thinking they will both be better suited to a follow-up Middle East GB.

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'm thinking they will both be better suited to a follow-up Middle East GB.

I agree with you 100%

D***n stupid me, I didn't re-read the opening post before posting this one - and when I joined, I believe it wasn't this precise yet :winkgrin:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I agree with you 100%

D***n stupid me, I didn't re-read the opening post before posting this one - and when I joined, I believe it wasn't this precise yet :winkgrin:

It gives us a great opportunity for a 2025 Middle East GB to follow up this one ;) 

No you're correct V-P there needed to be more clarification of what constituted Asia for the purposes of our GB so added that to the opening post but I should have mentioned it within the progressing thread :doh:

• Like 2

Add my name, mate. I have a number of Asian subjects that are either in my current plan or for the future - Indonesian Sabre, various Taiwanese F-104s (if they don’t get built in 2023), Indian Tempest and Ajeet, to name a few. :)

Martin

• Like 1

With @RidgeRunner joining us we are now fifteen and therefore half way to qualification :D 

16 hours ago, Ray S said:

...I have! An Aoshima 1/12 Honda CB400Four 1976 and the Tamiya 1/700 IJN Auxiliary Vessels set ( Sub Chaser No13; Minesweeper No19 and Mine Layer Hirashima) and I have just received from Jamie at Sovereign Hobbies some Sasebo Grey which would do nicely for the latter three items (even if those ships had not been painted at the Sasebo works). I will be good to go, as some say.

Cool. I always enjoy seeing a ship getting built in the GBs and, as Martin says

5 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice :) My favourite bike in the 70s :)

the CB400 was something of a revelation at the time and a bike is always welcome by me as they're another uncommon subject :thumbsup:

• Like 1