Heart pounding full of hope: a "Stocky" Edwards Kittyhawk I in 1/72

Don't be so hard on yourself, PC! You're starting to give me a complex. That P-40 looks good, and I would love to have one come out as nicely (I have three P-40s in the queue, all Soviet, big surprise there).

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

...we are our own worst critics so I think that plays a role. 

That's not entirely true, as people who see my models quickly become my worst critics.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 3

A most excellent Kittyhawk. So good, in fact, that I had to look twice at the heading to confirm that it's really 1:72nd scale.

The wear around the wing ammo hatches does a lot for the overall impression, too.

Sweet work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

I’ll just add my voice to the throng praising the build if I may :D

And respectfully submit that no excuses are required and that the quality of the finish survives the camera just fine….Dammit, shouldn’t say fine anymore given the apparent range of meaning…. Ok the finish survives the camera quite unscathed.  In other words it looks great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes I think you are being unfair on yourself, it looks much better than my own attempt at a desert P-40! The sand weathering has come out really nicely. Out of interest, what is the pale patch on the rear fuselage spine? I'm imagining abrasion from some kind or weighted tie-down to stop the aircraft flipping over in a sandstorm but I'm just guessing...

• Thanks 1

Fantastic - I'm especially taken with the delicate appearance of the sliding portion of the canopy, it really adds to the overall effect you've created with the realistic finish.

A wonderful tribute to the great (and probably only) under-claiming ace.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1