Golden age of transport from 1918 to 1939 - Chat

43 minutes ago, CliffB said:

It's great that you're pushing this one again Dennis.

Surely it should be called the Golden Age group build though - much more emotive :winkgrin:

Cheers

Changed it does it look better now.

13 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Me too, Dennis. I‘m desperately waiting for this one to get through! 😠

welcome aboard. 

• Like 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Golden age of transport from 1918 to 1939 take three for 2024.

Yep, I will still be interested, I have a few things in the stash  - the Airfix RMS Mauretania and the Airfix HP42, and they are still fairly fresh in my mind as I have built other boxings of them in this last year. Maybe a cue to visit Kingkit...

Ray

• Like 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Golden age of transport from 1918 to 1939 take three for 2024.Just one more needed
8 hours ago, Ray S said:

Yep, I will still be interested, I have a few things in the stash  - the Airfix RMS Mauretania and the Airfix HP42, and they are still fairly fresh in my mind as I have built other boxings of them in this last year. Maybe a cue to visit Kingkit...

Ray

7 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Count me in, let's get this old jalopy on the road :like:

7 hours ago, zebra said:

I'm still in Dennis. I'd love to see this in the GB calendar, was disappointed it didn't get across the line this time.

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm still here too 🙂. V-P

6 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Pick me pick me!

Golden age indeed. Fancy some art deco building or a railway engine 

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Oh most certainly yes!

5 hours ago, TimJ said:

I'm still in. I was disappointed that this didn't get through this year. 

Welcome aboard Gentlemen we are at 29 so just one more needed to get into the next bunfight. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

I will ride again! 
Got at least a year to think of a subject or two.

Welcome in at #30 and I hope we do get in next year. Oh @Enzo the Magnificent I think we can qualify for the next bunfight ? Let me know if I’m wrong ? 

8 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome in at #30 and I hope we do get in next year. Oh @Enzo the Magnificent I think we can qualify for the next bunfight ? Let me know if I’m wrong ? 

This has to qualify as the quickest of qualifications for a GB slot ever!

I don't understand it, plainly the subject is hugely popular, why hasn't it qualified before?

Keep the pressure up Dennis, build a following and this has to go through 3rd time lucky!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wez said:

This has to qualify as the quickest of qualifications for a GB slot ever!

I don't understand it, plainly the subject is hugely popular, why hasn't it qualified before?

Keep the pressure up Dennis, build a following and this has to go through 3rd time lucky!

I think with such a huge field this year and everyone limited to just six votes. Something had to fall away. This wasn't enough to compete with the ones that did win. Hopefully the options are fewer next November. 

The rough plan in my head was to shoehorn as many Golden Age subjects into 2023 GBs as possible but now I better save some :D Will still try to do a couple to show what can be done and keep this GB in the fore of everyone's conscious.

• Like 2